You're amazing! Join the Kwest team, a self–performing civil site construction firm, nationally recognized as an industry leader in safety by Assoc. Builders & Contractors, that encourages you to take your skills and invest in your future career! Kwest Group is looking for an energetic, motivated Project Accountant, to be based out of our Dublin, Ohio office. This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with our project team. The successful candidate will be detail oriented, energetic, highly motivated and driven to excel in all aspects of the position, including (but not limited to):
- Preparation and set up of jobs
- Setup and manage billings to include ensuring timeliness, compiling, organizing, and summarizing supporting documents, some will originate in the field.
- Managing accuracy and approval of invoices that have an accompanying PO or subcontract
- Work with Project Manager to arrange and manage company resources on all projects.
- When needed, travel to project sites to assist Project team.
- Perform all duties consistent with the Company Mission Statement and the "Kwest Group" philosophy.
- Back up, code, apply to PO and approve invoices
- Set up billings, create billings in software applications
- Monitor and manage Account Receivables up to 60 days past due. Anything older should involve the PM. Anything over 90 days, involve CFO and Director of Project Management.
- Generate, with the approval of the PM, Subcontracts and Purchase Orders and enter in the system.
- Entering job–related invoices into the accounting system
- Setting up jobs in Dexter Chaney
- Setting up cost codes in Dexter Chaney
- Matching backup to invoices in Dexter Chaney
- ECAC detailed review
- Ensuring ECAC completion
- Income statement account reconciliation
- Budget preparation
- Balance sheet work papers
- New measurables as assigned
- Assist at month end and year end with reports and reconciliations
- Maintain a positive attitude and good working relationship with all customers, internal and external.
- Other duties as assigned
- Provide reinforcement and understanding of Dexter Chaney
- To request accurate and timely reports from the Project Manager for assigned projects.
- To schedule and assist in the management of subcontractors and suppliers.
- To request assistance from the CFO and Controller.
- To request assistance from the Project team.
- To contact Director of Project Management if timelines are not being met.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office software
- Crystal Reports and Dexter Chaney experience preferred
- 3+ years' experience in accounting/office environment in construction industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi–task and prioritize projects, completing complex administrative tasks with minimal supervision
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business, or equivalent hands on experience.
- Ability to travel to client meetings, conferences, and regional / divisional offices
- Travel may include air travel and overnight hotel stays
- Must be able to pass a background & drug test
Kwest Group Mission Statement
It is our goal to provide each client with unsurpassed results in target geographical areas through exceptional project management supported by a highly trained and motivated team utilizing the best resources, with safety having priority over all competing objectives. To accomplish this, we recruit and retain the best team members in our industry while maintaining a focus on diversity and stakeholder satisfaction. At all levels, Kwest Group will continually strive to be the leader in the construction industry with our core values being safety, quality, and customer satisfaction.
About Kwest Group
Kwest Group is a self–performing civil site construction firm, nationally recognized as an industry leader in safety by Assoc. Builders & Contractors, as well as being Marathon Petroleum's Contractor of the year in 2016, with operations in the energy, petrochemical, rail, & federal markets. At Kwest Group, we enjoy being an Employee owned company (ESOP), sharing the highest core values of safety, quality, and customer satisfaction. We are committed to our team members and the work they do, giving them the tools, they need to succeed and grow with us, while ensuring the highest degree of safety for our team members, project stakeholders, and the public. We offer a remarkable safety program that has resulted in over 3.0 million man–hours worked without a lost time incident and includes a wellness program with rich benefits.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the team member for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EEO Kwest Group maintains a policy of non–discrimination for all team members and applicants in every facet of the company's operations. In compliance with federal and state laws, Kwest Group recruits, hires, trains, and promotes all qualified team members, in all job titles, without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, citizenship, national origin, disability, veteran status or genetic information.