The Senior Accountant reports to the Accounting Manager. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, facilitate period close, general ledger accountability, financial reporting, financial analysis and other special projects as assigned. Provide additional support to other accounting team members as needed.
Key Result Areas
- Drives month–end close and year–end close activities including the preparation and review of journal entries and review of budget–to–actual reports.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations of assigned balance sheet accounts and ensure that general ledger accounts are reconciled with resolution to reconciling items.
- Drives related party/affiliate accounting.
- Review the general ledger for discrepancies and/or entry errors, making necessary corrections.
- Work closely with Financial Analyst to understand how to calculate, account for and reconcile the Work in Progress schedule.
- Maintain the fixed asset system of all property and equipment, including monthly entries, reconciliation and physical inventories.
- Responsible for the recording of cash receipts and maintaining daily cash available reporting.
- Manage security of credit card expense reporting program as well as review and process reports.
- Prepare schedules for annual audit; research issues, clarify information and prepare supporting documentation.
- Assist with ensuring all payroll taxes and fiduciary responsibilities are met.
- Attend and support physical inventories as needed. Oversees the reconciliation of inventory.
- Support the Accounting Manager with special projects.
- Make recommendations to increase operational efficiency and accuracy.
- Create and maintain desk procedures.
- Cross trains and supports other functional areas within Accounting to improve departmental operational efficiency.
- Always acts in a professional and courteous manner, representing highest standards of business conduct, exhibits a positive attitude, sharing information with co–workers as appropriate and works to promote a cooperative, productive teamwork environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
- 5+ years of professional experience.
- Construction or manufacturing background
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficient Microsoft Office and advanced Excel skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Deadline–oriented, highly organized self–starter with strong time management skills.
- Meticulous attention to details and accuracy.
- Ability to work in a fast–paced, team–oriented environment and meet deadlines while maintaining accuracy.
- Flexible outlook toward task management.
- CPA/CMA or candidate.
- Sage 300 CRE–Timberline experience.
EOE/AA – M/F/VET/Disability
Landmark Structures I, L.P. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.