Assistant Finance Manager
Assistant Finance Manager role within the Services Industry at a large media company 3-5 years working experience required. External auditors are highly encouraged to apply.
Malaysia's leading integrated and innovative media group. SMG began as a single-product company, which has progressively grown into a multi-channel media group, with strong presence in a diverse range of businesses - Print, Digital , Radio, and Events & Exhibitions.
- Provide oversight of the responsible Business Unit operations including operational effectiveness, business process, driving strong financial support that enables business unit managers in making strategic business & commercial decisions
- Coordinating & Managing department budgeting & planning process
- Timely provision of relevant management information to business unit management team
- Ensure transactions are properly accounted for in accordance with the accounting standards
- Engage Business Unit stakeholders & support their ongoing business needs by providing value added financial analysis & strategic advice
- Assist in monitoring implementation of audit action plans for Business Unit
- Budget preparation & monitoring / Coordinate annual budgeting / drive budget holders in reviewing submissions / lead budget holders in identifying cost savings opportunities
- Financial review / manage department financial via month end & year end closing / meet all internal report deadlines ie. QPR, cash flow forecast, Business Unit Performance Report
- Work with Group Financial Reporting Manager in liaising with external auditor, assist in internal audit matters & provide input for company insurance review, treasury & taxation
- Degree in Accounting / Finance of equivalent
- Proven 5 or more years in Finance Department ; experience in MNC & audit firm will be an added advantage
- Familiar with requirements of MFRS, SAP system, ERP
- Excellent internal communication & vendor management skills
- Solid planning & organizational skills including attention to detail & multi-tasking skills
- Ability to Lead & Manage indirect reports to achieve required outcomes
- Consistent, Motivated, Professional, Reliable, Action-Oriented and Confident
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Good company culture and working environment
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Arvind Kumar on +603 2302 4033.