Sneed, Vine & Perry is seeking an AR/AP Senior Accountant to manage daily financial operations as well as associated administrative tasks.
The ideal candidate: comfortable wearing a variety of hats, meets deadlines, enjoys problem solving, takes initiative for process improvement, comfortable utilizing PCLaw legal billing software.
Who is Sneed, Vine & Perry?
SVP is mid–sized law firm steeped in Texas culture and southern values. With a 90–year history in Austin, our firm combines deep subject–matter expertise with broad industry knowledge and provides a wide range of legal services, which includes: business and corporate law, tax law, commercial litigation, commercial real estate and lending, construction law, estate planning and probate, and land development and use. SVP is a growing professional services company based in Austin with a satellite office in Georgetown.
Responsibilities and essential duties:
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of day–to–day activities of 1) accounts payable, 2) cash disbursements, 3) invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, 4) general accounting, and 5) financial statements.
- Prepare daily financial production reports for Shareholder distribution.
- Review general ledger detail and make journal entries as needed.
- Prepare bank, credit card and other account reconciliations.
- Produce monthly financial statements and reports for submission to CPA.
- Participate in monthly Shareholder meeting to address questions regarding Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable, and other Financial reporting as needed.
- Research and resolve accounting issues as they surface.
- Analyze established processes, develop, and implement recommendations for improvement.
- Respond to partners as assigned with accurate and timely reports to facilitate their needs.
- Communicate with partners, co–workers, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Assist with month–end and year–end financial reporting, including verifying Fixed Assets, 1099s, and W–2s.
- Work on Ad–Hoc and administrative projects related to financial operations, as assigned.
Skills & Experience:
- Accounting experience with strong understanding of accounting principles.
- High level of analytical and strategic thinking
- Prior experience with PCLaw accounting/billing software preferred.
- Law firm accounting experience a plus.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work well in ambiguity.
- High standards of quality, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Excellent attention to detail, preparedness, organization, and timeliness.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills.