Financial Reporting and Capital Manager
The main features of this role would be to manage a successful team, review regulatory reporting, and push for continuous improvement.
Our Manchester city centre client offer huge flexibility to work from home 3-4 times a week. The business is a subsidiary of a large corporate, and the organisation has impressive growth plans.
The business has an SME culture, with the career prospects / variety of a larger business.
The team is close knit, and this role manages a team of 3 ACAs and your role will be to review their work and coach them to improve.
The key responsibilities for this Financial Reporting Controller role in a successful insurance business are as follows:
Act as line manager to the Financial Reporting & Capital team including 1-2-1s and performance management. Provide leadership to the team in order to:
- Ensure effective monitoring of the company's capital position under Solvency II in the UK and Ireland.
- Deliver timely and accurate regulatory reporting including Quantitative Reporting Templates, National Specific Templates, Solvency & Financial Condition Report and Regular Supervisory reporting including Group reporting requirements.
- Deliver timely and accurate regulatory reporting to the CBI in relation to the Irish branch.
- Deliver timely and accurate UK GAAP financial statements for the business
- Deliver timely and accurate reporting to group
- Continuous improvement - look for ways to progress and make efficiency's
- Coaching, developing the team, reviewing their work
- Stakeholder management with senior colleagues
The successful candidate for this flexible role will be:
- Fully qualified accountant - ACA / ACCA / CIMA
- Have experience of working in a reporting role in the Financial Services / Insurance sector
- A strong team manager
- A clear communicator
- Able to grasp and investigate complex regulatory reporting standards
The successful candidate for this Financial Reporting Controller role will receive a salary of £65,000 - £75,000 based on experience.