Our client is seeking an experienced Finance Assistant to join their team in a key role within their team in Oxford.
Our client is a well known and respected charity who offer an excellent working environment and strong team ethos. They offer study support for those studying AAT/ACCA/CIMA and look to develop their staff where possible.
The Finance Assistant will be responsible for a wide range of accounting duties including:
- Management of the Purchase Ledger
- Management of the Sales Ledger
- End-to-end responsibility for the weekly banking of cash and cheques.
- Assist the Assistant Accountant in reconciling daily, monthly, and yearly transactions, most notably Bank and Balance Sheet transactions.
- Work with the Assistant Accountant to compete the end-to-end monthly payroll process which will include:
o Checking timesheets
o Reconciling Sage 50 (Payroll) to Salary database
o Submitting reports and payments to: HMRC, Pension providers, Bank
- Manage the petty cash including top-ups and monthly reconciliation.
- Prepare, review, and accrue the monthly credit card transactions.
- Prepare and process month end journals.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of organisational products and process.
- Being a key point of contact for other departments on financial and accounting matters; most notably by managing the Finance shared mailboxes.
- Supporting the Management Accountant and Director of Finance and ICT with projects and tasks when required.
The successful Finance Assistant will have:
- Strong background and experience in transactional accounting duties eg purchase and sales ledger
- Good IT skills: ability to use Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Training will also be given, especially in Excel
- Be studying AAT or ACCA
- Ability to work in the office in Oxford full time and with minimal supervision
- Able to complete tasks with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, in person, by telephone and in email
- Exceptional time management & organisational skills
- A desire to learn and develop in a finance role.
- Ability to use initiative to problem solve and seek out solutions.
- Committed to team working and to regarding own contribution in achieving team goals and deadlines
The salary on offer is between £24,000 and £26,000, plus a study package after the probation period.