Accounts Senior/Assistant Manager - Mid-Tier Firm
A leading accountancy practice based in Leatherhead has a requirement for a qualified ACCA /ACA, or suitably practice experienced accountant to join their team and firm as a Business Services Senior/Assistant Manager, in a role offering excellent progression and develop potential.
The Leatherhad offices of this leading firm focuses on servicing and building relationships with growing OMBs, SMEs and limited company clients, alongside a very varied industry client base of sole traders, partnerships, and other clients around this, but with a focus on limited companies looking to grow and partner with their accountants. Clients are wide ranging in industry sectors with typical clients are up into the hundreds of thousands of turnover, with larger clients well into the millions in turnover up to the audit threshold and beyond. There is a team of professionals, varying in level, background and experience supporting the managerial and director group and they are looking for a key addition to bolster this team and work closely with them. The firm offers excellent appraisal systems, mentoring support with associated development and clear career progression on offer.
- Responsibility for a varied portfolio of clients
- Preparation/review of monthly/quarterly management accounts and year-end accounts
- Completion and review of VAT returns
- Preparation of annual P11D's and PAYE Agreements
- Ability to advise clients on budgeting and forecasting
- Reviewing and completing client Bookkeeping work
- Writing and reviewing management commentaries and providing insights
- Improving current processes for new and existing clients, leveraging technology wherever possible
- Payroll for clients but not essential
- Using Xero and Receipt bank
The firm are looking for:
- Minumum of 3 years working in a similar practice environment with a background in outsourcing/ general accounting
- If form Industry, must have experience of handling multiple businesses at one time.
- Exposure to both management accounts and statutory accounts production
- Competent with cloud accounting
- Preferably ACCA/CIMA/ACA newly qualified or studying towards qualification
- Payroll experience would be advantageous but is not a prerequisite.
Salary circa £40,000 - £48,000 depending on experience and qualification status.
Competitive benefits package.
Excellent opportunties to further progress and develop within a successful team!