In this management accountant position you will be responsible for start to finish management accounts and will oversee the month end process.
An award-winning and market-share leading food manufacturer. Their vision as a business is to inspire our customers through excellence in quality food, innovation, and integrity.
* Analysis of daily operating performance including material and labour variances to the Site Financial Controller to review at the daily Variance meeting.
* Preparation of the monthly management accounts pack to gross margin including margin variances, purchase and selling price variances, labour, and material variances.
* To oversee preparation and interpretation of daily/weekly/monthly site KPIs.
* To oversee product costing for all new products and investigation of existing costing where an anomaly is identified in the variance reviews.
* Analysis of Sales forecasts and review of promotional proposals and sales provisions.
* Preparation of weekly and monthly results to feed into the Site Financial Controller for site team review and corporate consolidation.
* Input as required into weekly site forecast updates.
* Analysis of costs down to gross margin vs forecasts, identifying risks and opportunities to manage with the Operational team.
* Balance Sheet Reconciliations and operation of other Financial Controls as necessary.
* Drive improvements throughout the processes.
* Tracking and forecasting of site Capex projects and site/off site Stock holding including raw materials, packaging, and finished goods.
* Managing a team of 2; Assistant Management Accountant and Finance Technician.
* Ad hoc analysis as required by the Financial Controller.
* Act as deputy on site in the absence of the Financial Controller.
* Experience of Financial Performance Analysis in a manufacturing environment.
* Demonstrated understanding of standard costing.
* Experience of Financial Reporting and Forecasting in accordance with group policies and deadlines.