Business Transformation - Sr. Manager
Who we are looking for:
Responsible for identifying and driving process optimization and improvement within assigned business unit
What you will be responsible for:
As an Officer – Business Transformation you will:
- Manage high-level analysis to define transformation design, business impact, implementation approach and priorities
- Support senior business leaders and stakeholders to realize benefit targets
- Collaborate and take the lead with business and shared service teams on optimizing their operational teams by reviewing and rationalizing the impact of technology, process, and location changes
- Responsible for execution of assigned initiative(s) / BU relationship
- Manage client inquiries
- Lead plans, organizes and controls the impacts of multiple cross process project teams on BU's
- Develop and maintain end-to-end project plans and analyzes the impact of these plans
- Manage communications, risks and resolution of issues and problems for assigned projects
- Responsible for reporting requirements for assigned projects
- Provide coaching and development opportunities to staff and responsible for completing and delivering PPRs on time
- Make effective recommendations to hire, discipline, control work, determine promotions, salary increases, bonuses and terminate employment
- Manage own performance through engaging in the PPR process and attending relevant training, Ensure self and team anticipates, monitors, actively manages and reports all risk and compliance issues, breaches and suspicious activities
- Act in accordance with Risk Excellence and role model Ethical behavior and decision making
- Perform other duties as required
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Experience with re-engineering/lean/digital transformation of end-to-end journeys at scale, using multiple process improvement levers/ technologies
- Being comfortable with ambiguity and the ability to work with well with teams, particularly ones that span different reporting lines, cut across multiple functions and geographies
- Strong analytical skills, critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- 8 - 12 years of experience in consulting or financial services industry
- Good knowledge of Lean methodologies & certifications like LSSBB and/or a master’s degree will be an added advantage
- Ability to build stakeholder connect, effective collaboration and partnership capabilities and ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- Very strong organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines and proven experience in working with large cross functional teams will be a plus
- Ability to work well under high-pressure and stressful situations
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task, drive results, and meet deadlines
- Microsoft Office Suite - emphasis on Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Strategic thinker with strong written and verbal communication skills to articulate and translate complex messages
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Experience on ; financial services consulting, investment research, investment banking, asset servicing market intelligence, asset servicing regulatory, fund research.
- About Process
This role involves undertaking strategic and financial research activities emanating from various products and solutions teams at State Street. The role encompasses:
- Tracking industry trends and issues
- Quantifying the gaps that exist in our products & services
- Competitive landscaping and providing market intelligence
- Tracking and analyzing regulatory updates impacting the overall business
The successful candidate must be able to analyse complex data and articulate findings. The candidate will take initiative, exercise independent thinking, multi-task activities, set priorities, and meet aggressive project deadlines in a fast paced environment. The candidate must have strong facilitation, interpersonal and organizational skills and be interested in working in a professional, team-oriented environment. In this role, the candidate will have the opportunity to gain experience working with various functions across State Street.
Key Responsibilities & Experience Range
- Handle research assignments/projects under the products and solutions teams at State Street.
Products include: cash, custody, accounting, investment operations, performance & analytics, compliance, fiduciary, investor policy holder recordkeeping, data solutions and reporting, and end-user experience. Whereas, solutions include: ETF, ESG, Fund Administration, CITs, Alternatives, Insurance, etc.
- Act as the internal consultant keeping various product teams abreast of industry issues/ trends
- Market sizing and forecasting using secondary sources and internal databases
- Analyze ambiguous data/information and present in a clear and crisp manner to business leaders
- Provide Product capability comparisons with competitors and niche players offering in the market place and identify gaps, strength , weaknesses, and differentiators
- Write thought-leadership topic ideas with one page synopsis for the Product Lead’s review
- Provide support for new product concepts ranging from market opportunity analysis to help in developing business cases
- Provide strategic industry analysis and competitive intelligence
- Provide positioning and content for products and solutions
- Track regulatory updates by SEC, FASB and other industry & regulatory organizations that will impact products and services across US, EMEA and APAC
- Decipher regulations and assess the impact on fund & portfolio accounting, custody and other products, and produce regulatory updates report under the guidance of regulatory lead in product division.
Skills & Knowledge
Qualification & Certifications
- 7-9 years’ experience in asset management/ servicing or, in general, financial services industry, MBA/CFA/CA preferable
- Excellent secondary research and data analysis skills, with strong attention to detail
- Excellent proficiency with MS Office tools – particularly in Excel and PowerPoint, including Charting and Visualization
- Experience with producing content for and presenting to the executive-level
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities, meet deadlines and effectively execute in a fast paced environment;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Proactive approach to problem-solving; Self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Excellent communication skills and written skills and meeting facilitation skills. Must have the ability to comfortably interact & communicate with all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Any additional experience with data analytics, preferable
Primary Skills (Must Have)
- Good knowledge of asset management/servicing industry
- Advanced level quantitative and qualitative research skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Data analysis and presentation skills
- Deadline and detail oriented
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.