To support efficient and effective accounting services for the companies and branch offices in accordance with company policies and procedures.
To support the Finance Business Partners in the delivery of business partnering initiatives across EMEA&CIS as and when required under the 'Joint and Several' concept.
A globally recognised, fortune 500 trading and investment firm. The company has an excellent culture and support their employees which is exemplified by their exceptional benefits.
- Support the timely and accurate delivery of financial reports in accordance with IFRS and local statutory requirements;
- Prepare month end reconciliations including: bank reconciliations, fixed asset reconciliations, inventory reconciliations, intercompany and more;
- Manage accruals and prepayments;
- General ledger maintenance and monitoring in line with Sumitomo Corporation policies and J-Sox requirements;
- Understanding journal requests, preparing and processing with appropriate supporting documentation;
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions;
- Work closely with Transaction Processing team to problem solve and ensure effective collaboration between departments;
- Proactively support FX position reporting to Treasury team;
- Proactively manage intercompany/group reconciliations;
- Assist with internal/external audit;
- Collaborate with and support business departments and regional corporate departments as required;
- Engage with transaction processing team to resolve unusual or complicated transactions and their treatment.
- Part Qualified or equivalent accountancy qualification (ACCA, ACA or CIMA) having sat and passed exams
- Good Standard of Education (University Degree or equivalent); preferably 2:1 achieved from a top university, A-B at A-Level.
- Strong technical accountants (e.g. double entry bookkeeping); this will be tested at interview.
- 2-3 years+ experience preferably within a financial services industry.
- Demonstrable knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP
- Good experience of accounts payable/receivable/management accounts is desirable.
Looking to pay between £30,000-£40,000 with an extensive benefits package which includes study support.