Global Accounting Operations_Close Management - Team Lead
The Close and Consolidation team lead will work on Close activities across various geogpahies and legal entities.
In addition to Business As Usual (BAU) responsibilities as described below, this role will also assist in the standardization, and automation efforts.
Responsibilities & Tasks Include:
Business As Usual (BAU) Activities:
- Transition the various Close activities across geographies into the Center Of Excellence (CoE) to ensure consistent, controlled, accurate and timely production of financials for the various legal entities
- Working in close collaboration with the onshore teams, coordinate the Close process for various geographies across different time zones and teams, taking into account the local regulatory and organizational needs
- Assist the onshore teams in managing the monthly consolidation process aggregating legal entity transactions into top of the house financials. This includes managing local legal entity financials, consolidation systems, eliminating intercompany transactions, equity and minority interest pick up, foreign exchange calculations and accounting adjustments (e.g. IFRS to US GAAP)
- Assist the onshore teams in maintaining the General Ledger including defining and owning a common chart of accounts, managing and understanding the centralized repository of financial data, managing the associated tools including the Oracle Hyperion Financial Management and the Data Relationship Management (DRM)
- Support the monthly and quarterly SOX and other certification processes
- Ensure execution of appropriate controls supported by documented policies and procedures across the relevant groups
- Provide timely data, reporting and needed analytics to senior management and other key stakeholders
- Support regulatory requests and associated regulatory reporting
- Inculcate a culture within the CoE of ongoing self-assessment to continuously better the effectiveness and the efficiency of the Close process
- Ensure significant attention to Risk Excellence to ensure compliance with internal policies and regulatory standards during the monthly Close process
- Develop and maintain a high performing CoE team that is highly motivated to effectively deliver on the business as usual activities and support the transformation efforts
- Assist the Lead in defining a strategic end-state that not only significantly improves the speed of the current Close process, but also enhances control and governance mechanism, increases transparency and reliability of data, is nimble enough to timely react to changes in the regulatory standards, is efficient and effective in its use of resources across locations and is well supported by a technology platform (“best in class”)
- Work with the Lead in executing critical aspects of the multi-year transformation effort to transform the Close process into a “best in class” global process
- Assist in evaluation of the current Close process for various geographies and legal entities including the underlying activities, policies, infrastructure, and control and governance mechanisms to assess areas of improvement and transformation
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.