Technology Audit Director, VP
Who we are looking for
Are you a talented professional looking for a challenging and fulfilling opportunity to grow along with a global industry leader? Are you interested in identifying and helping to mitigate complex application and infrastructure risks? Are you passionate about using your technical knowledge to navigate complex business, operational and technology challenges? If so, then we may have the solution for you.
Why this role is important to us: As a member of State Street Corporation’s Audit Division, you will be part of a team where, collaboration is encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is valued. We offer flexible schedules, continuous training, global exposure and multiple opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our team of 280 professionals is responsible for providing independent, objective assurance and advisory services designed to add value, minimize risk and improve the overall control environment of State Street Corporation and its subsidiaries. Our auditors interact and communicate regularly with executive management and have tremendous insight into all parts of the company’s daily operations. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
- Work as leader of an international team across multiple locations with global stakeholders in new and changing situations where there may not always be a readily apparent solution.
- Oversee multiple audits covering IT governance, systems infrastructure, information security, application controls, and operational activities and ensure compliance with the division’s risk-based audit methodology.
- Manage and oversee multiple teams of audit professionals to ensure work is performed in accordance with COSO Integrated Framework and the Corporate Audit Division and IIA standards and meet Division deadlines. This includes providing ongoing counsel, training, development and motivation, helping to build technology audit skills, helping to build technology audit skills across the Corporate Audit division.
- Assess the audit skills needed to evaluate risk and perform the audits; review the audit plan and assess resource needs; develop key relationships with the business; manage to execute the audit plan.
- Provide insight on the evolving technology regulatory environment and interact with regulators.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Ability to manage complexity, to effectively prioritize multiple tasks and work independently in non-routine situations and in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical, problem resolving, communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills.
- Strong client relationship and employee management skills.
- Professional curiosity and willingness to learn new technologies and processes.
- One or more industry recognized certification (i.e., CISA, CISSP, CISM, and Cloud+) and the willingness to continue to learn and grow.
- Fluency in English - written and spoken.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor degree, preferable in information systems, computer science, accounting or related field; Advanced degree in information technology, cyber security or systems engineering.
- Ten plus years of Audit experience and/or related experience including 7+ years of experience managing complex audit operations or related projects or related fields.
- Proficient or knowledgeable in evaluating and testing internal controls and in applying a risk-based audit approach.
- Invest in your development by expanding and applying current knowledge of audit industry best practices, regulatory expectations, and subject matter.
Expertise or experience auditing certain technology-related areas such as:
- IT General Controls
- Automated business process controls
- Enterprise application development models (i.e., waterfall, rapid prototyping, agile, etc.,)
- Identity and Access Management/Privileged Access Management/Adaptive Authentication Solutions
- Cyber and Security Processes, Frameworks, Controls
- Public Cloud Security
- Resiliency and Business Continuity Management
- Emerging Technologies including Crypto Processes and Controls
While majority of the time you will work from your primary locations, some domestic and international travel may be required to a variety of locations where State Street operates.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.