Specialist, BU Financial Analysis
Responsible for conducting and documenting complex financial analysis projects for a business unit. Analyzes expenses, create efficiencies in current processes, studies trends, compiles financial data, and provides financial reporting for the business unit. Draw conclusions and make recommendations to financial and line management.
- Ability to independently take ownership of and manage key functional pieces of work.
- With limited oversight, the ability to (i) engage with senior stakeholders to understand needs, (ii) confirm approach and scope of analyses to solution problems, (iii) execute thoughtful financial analyses (build necessary forecast/tracking tools, etc.), (v) present recommendations/ conclusions to key stakeholders.
- Act as key interface between the key executive leaders & their direct reports and the global Corporate Finance Team to enable and drive a wide range of multi-faceted analyses in a complex, cross-functional environment.
- Anticipate and respond to challenges beyond specific responsibilities, demonstrate a collaborative/adaptive style, and be a team-player during extraordinary periods of increased workload and/or various needs of the team.
- Lead Business Unit Financial Reporting & Analysis, Competitive Benchmarking, Forecasting, Budgeting, Profitability Analysis, Financial Modeling, Strategic Planning, and Special Projects.
- Participates in developing unit’s strategic plan.
- Prepare of various financial reports, providing data analysis and justification for management decisions
- Manages projects, including planning, organizing, and directing activities towards project goal completion, including management reporting
- Provide thought leadership in specific subject matters with other financial team members.
- Act as Global Corporate Services point for capital review and strategic business cases. Must be able to prepare accurate, business cases and work with appropriate business and IT partners.
- Implement performance/efficiency metrics (currently not in place)
Qualifications – External
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Data Analytics (Tableau, Power BI)
- Masters degreed preferred
- Thorough business knowledge likely to be gained through 7 plus years of relevant work experience and may possess a relevant advanced degree
- Strong financial and accounting knowledge and business acumen
- Requires strong presentation, and oral and written communication skills
- Possess the ability to work effectively and build relationships across a matrix structure and with a diverse management team.
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.