Senior Associate - Real Asset Accounting
This role is responsible for maintaining direct client relationships and the day-to-day accounting and administration for real estate investment funds and affiliated entities.
Duties include and are not limited to:
- Supervising all lower level staff (including Associate 1, Associate 2 and Senior Staff).
- Manage client relationships with both client personnel and fund investors.
- Review quarterly and annual financial work paper packages including portfolio schedules, accruals and PCAP allocations.
- Review quarterly and annual financial statements and footnotes.
- Review and/or preparation of annual tax work paper packages.
- Review and/or preparation of capital calls and distributions, including notices and release merged documents.
- Review monthly bank reconciliations and post journal entries.
- Review quarterly management fee calculations.
- Review and/or preparation of various client related correspondence.
- Work with database team regarding client deliverables such as financial statements, capital calls and distribution notices.
- Heavy client interaction on a daily basis.
- Coordination of annual audit and tax return preparation with Big 4 accounting firms.
- Review and/or preparation of waterfall and capital account allocations.
- Understand how to navigate through limited partnership agreement.
- Review and/or preparation of estimated tax workpapers.
- Maintain working relationship with all client contacts, including investment professionals, investors, auditors, lawyers and banking personnel.
- Ensure compliance with investment fund legal documents, i.e. partnership agreement.
- Assist accounting managers to ensure compliance with investment fund agreements and other legal documents.
- Special client projects.
- Manage internal workflow and client deadlines.
- During the course of normal day to day operation, be responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of general ledger accounting or audit experience
- Previous Financial reporting experience
- Advanced Excel skills (advanced formulas, pivot tables, vlookup)
- Accounting Degree
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.