Vice President - Legal Entity Reporting
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firms books and records and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanleys various industry and government regulators and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanleys various businesses and its senior management team.
The Legal Entity External Reporting Controllers team is responsible for the production of high quality financial reporting for the Firms legal entities, including the preparation of: audited and unaudited statutory financial statements; management accounts; US Federal Reserve entity level reporting; and other reporting for senior management when requested.
- Building and leading an effective team.
- Management and development of staff.
- Responsible for maintaining key stakeholder relationships both internally and externally including: boards of directors, external auditors, Product Control, Company Secretarial and Tax.
- Responsible for maintaining the relationship with the Legal Entity Management teams supported by the function, and ensuring compliance with requirements set out in Service Level Agreements and similar documents.
- Overseeing the production of timely, relevant and value added information on entities, for presentation to senior management, including:
- Review of statutory financial statements.
- Review of management accounts and variance analysis.
- Review of US Federal Reserve entity level reporting.
- Review of local regulatory and statistical reporting.
The role will also require participation in the development of the Legal Entity Controller function, including:
- Re-engineering and standardisation of processes.
- Ongoing entity-specific initiatives and projects.
- Contributing to the reporting control framework, ensuring compliance with client requirements and internal policy.
- Experience in managing, developing and leading teams.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in verbal/writing and present to various types of audiences complex issues in an easy to understand manner
- Strong communication skills clear, concise, and appropriate method of delivery.
- Experience with establishing and meeting critical deadlines, as well as tracking and driving execution.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Flexibility to change priorities as new situations present themselves.
- Shows the ability to identify and analyse the situation through gathering relevant information to understand the root cause.
- Risk awareness and good guardianship skills.
- Collaborative team player with a strong work ethic that works effectively in cross-functional team environment.
- Shows a willingness to learn from others and increase own knowledge base.
- Takes responsibility for own tasks and proactively looks for opportunities to increase responsibility.
- Candidates for the role should hold an Accounting /Finance/Mathematical degree or equivalent, and have an understanding of the balance sheet.
- Candidates should possess excellent Microsoft Excel skills and be proficient in data mining and summarising and presenting themes and results in a meaningful format.
- Knowledge of financial products which are used in the financial services industry, such as securities lending and repos, and an awareness of the issues would be preferred.
- Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.