Accountant (Luxembourg market)
About TMF Group
TMF Group is a global provider of modern business services in the area of accounting and taxes, human resources and payroll, as well as corporate secretariat management.
We employ nearly 9,000 qualified specialists in 125 offices located in 83 countries. We have been present in Poland for over 20 years, helping our clients from offices in Warsaw and Katowice, where more than 700 people already work.
Katowice is also the location for our new structure - the European TMF Center, whose task is to serve the European markets of our clients, companies from the Fortune 500 and FTSE 100 rankings. As part of the structures, we are looking for specialists in the field of international accounting, human resources and payroll, and global entity management. We also build teams that will be responsible for handling international funds and supporting internal financial processes of the TMF Group.
If you like to work with figures and numbers and you are proactive about your own learning, we are happy to support you to kick off your international career with us!
Currently in Katowice, we are building a new team to support our Luxembourg colleagues with processes in accounting services and we are looking for positive and talented people for a position of:
Responsibility for timely and correct handling of matters concerning the day-to-day accounting and administration. You will be responsible to perform low to moderate complex activities related with the accounting cycle and provide support to other Team members. You will be working in a team which manages TMF’s major clients. You are part of a dedicated client team and you have a delegated responsibility and challenge for keeping the client files in financial and legal good standing.
- Maintain accounting records and prepare financial reports
- Perform general accounting and reporting tasks
- Trail client payment and follow up invoices with clients
- Organize and facilitate financial statement
- Reconciliation and analysis of account balances during month end process
- Responsible for the accurate booking of all journal entries and accounting documents into the general ledger for allocated clients
- Assist Legal department with preparation of annual shareholders meetings
- Having a pro-active attitude to problem solving and coming up with solutions
- Developing a comprehensive understanding of legal documents
- Providing working documents (interest calculations, re-invoicing spreadsheets)
- Minimum 2-5 years of professional accounting / bookkeeping experience, preferably in a client servicing position
- Experience in GL accounting
- University degree in Accounting or in a related field; ACCA completion (or any parts of the exam passed) is a plus
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles (IFRS, GAAPs)
- Proven ability to take initiative and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Very good communication in English, both written and spoken
- High level of professionalism and the ability to deal effectively with all levels in the organization
Working at TMF Group we offer:
- Convenient central location of the office
- Stable employment
- Flexi-time and remote working
- An international and dynamic environment
- Private medical care
- Life insurance
- Co-financing of tickets for sports activities
- Free language courses
- Exceptional people and atmosphere
- Christmas and occasional gifts
- Co-financing of holidays
- Charity work