Client Senior Accountant - Funds
About TMF Group
TMF Group is a global provider of modern business services in the area of accounting and taxes, human resources and payroll, as well as corporate secretariat management.
We employ nearly 9,000 qualified specialists in 125 offices located in 83 countries. We have been present in Poland for over 20 years, helping our clients from offices in Warsaw and Katowice, where more than 700 people already work.
Katowice is also the location for our new structure - the European TMF Center, whose task is to serve the European markets of our clients, companies from the Fortune 500 and FTSE 100 rankings. As part of the structures, we are looking for specialists in the field of international accounting, human resources and payroll, and global entity management. We also build teams that will be responsible for handling international funds and supporting internal financial processes of the TMF Group.
Currently we are searching for a Senior Private Equity Fund Accountant to support our Fund Services team from Poland. If you're looking to work in an international environment and also to acquire new knowledge, we will support you in achieving greater heights!
For the right candidate our team and company will provide effective training workshops so that you can independently support our business.
The Accounting team is responsible for the efficient and timely maintenance of the books and records of alternative investment fund vehicles; the generation of net asset value statements; and the management of capital transactions. The team works closely with the corporate secretarial, financial reporting and investor services teams to ensure a seamless service delivery to clients.
The Senior Client Accountant will be responsible for supporting the Client Accounting Manager in managing service delivery for a portfolio of complex alternative investment fund structures administered by TMF and reviewing the teams output to ensure the highest level of accounting service is delivered to clients.
- Performing or reviewing the bookkeeping for a portfolio of complex alternative investment fund structures performed by junior team members and take the financial records forward to trial balance stage
- Demonstrate competence with all fund accounting work including calls, distributions and other complex fund accounting calculations.$1$1
- Preparation/ review of financial statements as per the applicable GAAP
- Maintaining pro-active communication to ensure that the Accounting Manager is kept appraised of status and to allow them to accommodate periods of absence and/or peak demand.
- Working closely with counterparts on other teams to ensure seamless and coordinated service delivery.
- Strong core accounting skills. Review of complex fee calculations and carry/waterfall mechanisms. Training team members in calculating, bookkeeping and reconciling complex transactions.
- Confidence in building complex accounting reports to enable review and query resolution
- Planning workload, prioritizing and managing own time accordingly, as well as the time and work-load of more junior team members, to ensure client service of the highest standard is consistently delivered.
- Proactively look to develop own skills within the wider business and assisting other teams
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline
- Excellent English language skills
- Have completed or be studying towards a professional accountancy qualification
- 2-4 years fund accounting experience (preferably PERE but experience of other fund types is acceptable)
- Experience in operating an investment accounting system (preferably Investran but other systems are acceptable)
- Have a good understanding of the transactions undertaken by alternative investment fund structures
- Ability to learn quickly and work within a team under the guidance of a manager/mentor.
- May have supervisory responsibilities for work carried out by members of the immediate team
Working at TMF Group offers:
- Convenient central location of the office
- Stable employment
- Flexi-time and remote working
- An international and dynamic environment
- Private medical care
- Life insurance
- Co-financing of tickets for sports activities
- Free language courses
- Exceptional people and atmosphere
- Christmas and occasional gifts
- Co-financing of holidays
- Charity work
*We kindly inform you that we will be contacting only selected candidates