Immediate start for a qualified Accountant to cover a period of maternity for 12 months
My client is an international business based in Swansea who trade into the UK and have significant shares in some oversees markets
The Financial Controller is a pivotal role within this organisation.
The FC sits on the SMT and reports locally to the MD and internationally to the Parent company.
This business has a solid client base in the UK and oversees and throughout the Pandemic, has diversified its approach to market, taking on more of an Direct to market E-commerce marketing position to compliment their exsisting client base.
The FC role will be very hands on and with this any ego needs to be left at the door.
The role will include;
- Being the number 1 in finance in the UK
- Oversee tax returns and all tax submissions
- Manage Statutory and Regulatory Compliance for the business.
- Drive financial and operational internal controls and process simplification
- Development of accounting systems and policies
- Define, analyse and interpret group Financial Management information in order to provide insightful analysis to senior management.
- Responsible for updating and improvement of the accounting policies and accounting guidance and process.
- Expert on technical accounting issues - to provide guidance on accounting queries including revenue recognition and to prepare accounting position papers for the audit team.
- Partner finance and non-finance stakeholders delivering accurate financial reporting and analysis.
- Manage the GL Close cycle working with Corp HQ to deliver accurate financial reporting each month, driving efficiencies for a faster close
- Responsible for all general ledger, accounting and balance sheet reconciliations
- Management of a small finance team
- Responsible for costing and cost accounting
- Ensure correct import/export compliance
- Business partnering with the UK Commercial and Finance teams
- Qualified accountant (ACCA/ACA/CIMA)
- A hands on approach to management and leadership
- Happy to role up your sleeves and get stuck in
- Experience of completing statutory accounts and tax returns
- Ability to lead a project from start to finish with minimal assistance
- Will need to form their own opinion about the best way to undertake the projects and be able to influence others to ensure that the projects are completed on time and to a high standard
- Experience in managing Finance Function
- Attention to detail
- Goal focused
- Able to work to strict deadlines in dynamic multi-entity environment
A 12 m FTC starting ASAP
Salary negotiable around the £50,000 mark
25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays
3% pension contributions
a range of other benefits
**This role offers a hybrid approach to working. It is expected that you will visit the office 2 days a week and potentially more at Month End.