Horizontal IT Audit, Managing Director
Corporate Audit’s Managing Director for Horizontal IT provides leadership in establishing, directing, and executing the strategy for Audit’s horizontal IT audit coverage. As a key partner for corporate IT, this includes coverage of horizontal application and infrastructure IT General Control processes and related risks (Identity and Access Management, Change Management, and Resiliency) and selected attestations globally. This role will oversee a core staff of global resources with a high level of expertise and experience, and is responsible for maintaining effective partnerships with key executive leaders in the IT organization, such as the CISO, CTO and program leadership.
As a direct report to the Global Head of Technology audit, the Managing Director for Horizontal IT, leads annual audit planning and development, risk assessment, scoping and execution of the full audit agenda related to the horizontal IT processes and risks of a globally systemically important bank.
What you will be responsible for
Key responsibilities include:
- Define, develop and execute a risk-based dynamic annual plan for coverage of horizontal IT risks that is appropriate for the size and complexity of the organization, align and collaborate with teams and peers on coverage strategies
- Build and maintain a global team with required expertise and skills to effectively assess the bank’s horizontal IT risk and control environment in line with Corporate Audit’s methodology, professional standards, industry practices and regulatory expectations
- Influence effective and sustainable improvements to processes and controls through insights gained based on risk and control expertise
- Demonstrate strong communication and relationship building skills in interactions with internal and external stakeholders including executive management and regulators
- Champion continuous improvement in IT audit practices
- Help drive consistent risk assessment and audit coverage approach of bespoke IT general controls across Business Units and Corporate Functions
- Additional responsibilities include:
- Oversee execution of a risk-focused audit plan, review and approve audit work products to ensure thorough effective coverage and timely and effective escalation of issues and conclusions
- Drive the continuous monitoring program built upon regular relationship management meetings with senior leaders, key committees that focus on technology and emerging IT risks, regulatory matters and best practice trends in the industry
- Participate as a non-voting member of various steering committees, management working groups, promoting balanced discussions and encouraging challenge and debate
- Prepare and present relevant risk and audit reporting to key stakeholders including executive management and governance committees
- Promote effective communications and information exchange, both within the hierarchy of the Corporate Audit group and within the businesses and functions
- Has a talent mindset and seeks to understand the current and future requirements of the IT audit function, advises the Head of IT Audit
- Promotes IT audit skills and certifications, trains and develops the audit team with new capabilities
- Encourage Professional Challenge
- Inspire Trust and Confidence
- Generate Insights and Results
- Provide insight on the evolving technology regulatory environment and interact with regulators.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Ability to manage complexity, to effectively prioritize multiple tasks and work independently in non-routine situations and in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical, problem resolving, communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills
- Experience in data analytics and data visualization
- Strong client relationship and employee management skills
- One or more industry recognized certification (i.e., CIA, CISA, CISSP, CISM, and Cloud+) and the willingness to continue to learn and grow
- Fluency in English - written and spoken
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor degree, preferable in information systems, computer science, accounting or related field; Advanced degree in information technology, cyber security or systems engineering
- 15+ years of Audit experience and/or related experience
- Broad experience in managing diverse teams, and large scale projects
- Proficient or knowledgeable in evaluating and testing internal controls and in applying a risk-based audit approach.
- Invest in your development by expanding and applying current knowledge of audit industry best practices, regulatory expectations, and subject matter
Strong expertise or experience auditing certain technology-related areas such as:
- IT General Controls
- Automated business process controls
- Enterprise application development and change models (i.e., waterfall, rapid prototyping, agile, DevOps, etc.,)
- Identity and Access Management/Privileged Access Management/Adaptive Authentication Solutions
- Cyber and Security Processes, Frameworks, Controls
- Public Cloud
- Technical Resiliency and Business Continuity Management
- Emerging Technologies including Digital Asset / Crypto Processes and Controls
While majority of the time you will work from your primary location, some domestic and international travel may be required to a variety of locations where State Street operates.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.