Fund Accounting & Administration, Officer
Fund Administration Managers, officers interact with all levels of professionals both internally and externally. Therefore, exceptional interpersonal and communication skills are required. Candidates must demonstrate initiative, be able to perform well under pressure and simultaneously handle multiple assignments. Fund Administration Managers are responsible to direct the day-to-day accounting and administration for several client sponsored investment funds.
Hedge Fund Accounting Officer Main Responsibilities:
- Supervision of all subordinate staff levels including Associate 1, Associate 2 and Senior Associates.
- Manage the day to day delivery of accounting and administrative services for one or more client relationships by liaising with different functional teams spread across multiple global service locations
- Supervise and review the portfolio and fund level accounting for numerous funds. Asset classes can include; equities, fixed income, derivatives, and private investments.
- Review limited partnership agreements and offering memorandums and ensure compliance with operational and accounting procedures.
- Manage the planning, preparation, and execution of weekly and/or monthly net asset value reporting cycle in accordance with US GAAP.
- Ensure all client queries and requests are attended to in a timely matter and delegated or escalated appropriately.
- Demonstrate an unrelenting commitment to client satisfaction
- Support the onboarding of existing client funds and the launch of new funds.
- Ensure adherence with internal policies and procedures and compliance with external governing regulations.
- Coordinate all external audit requests, and requirements from financial reporting, tax, compliance, risk and regulatory reporting as required.
- Involved in all areas of talent management including; hiring, training, supervision, and delivery of performance reviews.
- Meet all requirements for the performance planning process including goal setting, regular and immediate feedback and submission of formalized performance appraisals.
- Contribute to working groups within the organization to improve our processes.
- Participate in special client or internal projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the financial services industry preferably within a hedge fund accounting role, including 1-2 years of supervisory experience is required
- Demonstrate and understanding of fund level profit & loss characteristics and its implications on investor allocations for various complex fund structures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook & Excel in required
- Strong interpersonal skills, highly effective communication and organization skills
- Ability to thrive and function in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot complex fund accounting problems and use analytical skills to resolve issues in a timely manner
- CPA qualification is favorable but not required
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.