Accountant, Financial Reporting
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
The Fund Reporting department in Luxembourg is managing the processes of financial, tax and regulatory reporting. These services involve the management of offshore services, service providers and the coordination of interaction with clients, fund auditors and tax advisors. The team also manages the calculation of fund distributions and the production of daily tax figures.
This open post is a senior role within the Financial Reporting team. This is a great opportunity to join a growing multicultural team and company, and to help shape and influence the future operating model of the team with terrific opportunities for self-development and career advancement.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Reviewing Annual and Interim financial statements for the Investment Funds under administration.
- Assisting on Annual Fund Investor Tax Reporting and Regulatory Reporting for Investment Funds.
- Delivering high quality service to clients by accurate, timely completion of all assigned tasks and requests for information.
- Ensuring agreed client service levels and regulatory filing deadlines are met.
- Liaising with external auditors and dealing with audit queries.
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients, auditors and other parties. As well as internally: locally with other departments, with offshore location and on EMEA level with other Financial Reporting teams.
- Providing constructive feedback to offshore location accountants.
- Imparting knowledge with and offering assistance to junior and other team members as appropriate.
- Working closely with Manager(s) on various processes/projects, such as being assigned to take the lead and/or assist to implement new processes in order to help the team be successful in its goals and KPIs.
- Reviewing legal documents/SLDs/new business proposals from a Financial Reporting perspective.
- Identifying areas of concern and suggesting enhancements to procedures where weaknesses or potential inefficiencies are identified, to demonstrate a clear and risk-based approach to outsourcing arrangements.
- Additional tasks that may from time to time be required which are appropriate to the role and business requirements.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Qualified Accountant (CPA, ACCA or equivalent).
- Extensive experience in financial statements preparation/review and audit/audit management of investment funds.
- Advanced knowledge of Luxembourg GAAP, IFRS, US GAAP, FRS 102/UK SORP Accounting Standards.
- Experience in fund investor tax reporting and Luxembourg regulatory reporting.
- Experience with Sungard Global InvestOne, Fund Master and Confluence Unity systems.
- Fluent English and excellent interpersonal skills as this role requires interaction at all levels of the organisation and externally.
- Proficient in the use of Bloomberg, Adobe Acrobat DC, Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Experience in project management is an advantage.
- Demonstrates initiative in undertaking all processes, which may have an impact on efficiency and client satisfaction.
- Technically competent to act as first point of reference for day-to-day client queries, and serve as a liaison to related areas.
- Proven aptitude to own problems and confidently make decisions to resolve issues in a risk-considered approach.
- Demonstrates excellent analytical, consultative, communication and judgment skills.
- Ability to work in a structured pattern, setting priorities and meeting deadlines.
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
As Northern Trust is a financial organisation, all new employees will be required to undergo a criminal record check.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.