Manager Group Accounting
About TMF Group
TMF Group is a global provider of modern business services in the area of accounting and taxes, human resources and payroll, as well as corporate secretariat management.
We employ nearly 9,000 qualified specialists in 125 offices located in 83 countries. We have been present in Poland for over 20 years, helping our clients from offices in Warsaw and Katowice, where more than 700 people already work.
Katowice is also the location for our new structure - the European TMF Center, whose task is to serve the European markets of our clients, companies from the Fortune 500 and FTSE 100 rankings. As part of the structures, we are looking for specialists in the field of international accounting, human resources and payroll, and global entity management. We also build teams that will be responsible for handling international funds and supporting internal financial processes of the TMF Group.
The Manager Group Accounting is responsible for the accounting team for the TMF Group Entity including 16 legal entities such as TMF Group BV, TMF Services II BV and Freeway CAM BV. In total 20 FTE are part of the team located in Katowice, Amsterdam and Pune and split into GL accounting (R2R), IC matching and AP (P2P). The person is part of Group Finance MT and will drive the transformation agenda for Group Accounting in establishing standard way of work and processes.
- Manage the Group Accounting team, coach and develop team members;
- Responsible for accounting activities including monthly closing and reporting activities and analysis in line with IFRS – such as IAS 38, IFRS 16, IFRS 9;
- Supporting financial external audit;
- Monitoring financial controls including payments which is a killer risk at TMF;
- Proposing and implementing improvement projects such as implementing PO module, OCR and IC recharges;
- Identifying problems or unexpected events that occur during the work and solving them;
- Timely and accurate statutory and internal reporting of the group entities including RDC accounting (Kuala Lumpur, Katowice, Bogota) such as Financial statements and VAT reporting;
- Monitor the timely and accurate recharges to Group entities including IC reconciliations;
- Contribute towards the continuous improvement of corporate accounting processes to make same more efficient and effective;
- Coordinate and facilitate Group projects and initiatives in which financial input is required
- University Level Education in Finance/ Accounting or similar;
- 8 years+ of relevant working experience;
- Fluent in English, both written and verbally;
- Strong working experience with financial accounting; and preparation of management information;
- Strong communication and stakeholder management. The person will be in contact with different levels of staff including heads of departments – RDC, Legal, Recruitment, Group Financial control, Group FP&A;
- Stable individual who copes well with organizational change and maintains a positive contribution under stress and pressure;
- Be able to work under time pressure and flexibility in terms of workload is necessary at times;
- Experienced user of DAX (ERP);
- Experience in an international environment;
- Executes business strategy in line with guidance set out by senior management – reduce indirect cost ratio and indirect reduce lock up days;
- Would be seen within immediate team as a Technical Expert – IFRS, Accounting - in their specialist area and is fully knowledgeable on day to day activities such as payment cycle;
- Drives improvements to finance area delivery by innovating new ways of working across Group Finance area delivery whilst ensuring that appropriate controls are in place.
- Is financially mindful of personal impact on a large part of the organization.
- Will be able to use financial management techniques as part of a role.
- Proactively manages team performance through robust objective setting, delivering constructive feedback and confidently managing underperformance.
Working at TMF Group offers:
- Convenient central location of the office
- Stable employment
- Flexi-time and remote working
- An international and dynamic environment
- Private medical care
- Life insurance
- Co-financing of tickets for sports activities
- Free language courses
- Exceptional people and atmosphere
- Christmas and occasional gifts
- Co-financing of holidays
- Charity work
*We kindly inform you that we will be contacting only selected candidates