Asia-Pacific Tax Center – Tax Product and Innovation Leader
Tax technology continues to disrupt the profession and presents increased opportunities for technology and tax professionals to think innovatively, drive and influence change that transform business models and services and leverage emerging technology to launch new revenue offerings and improve client-centricity.
To support this disruption, EY’s Asia-Pac Tax Innovation team is on a mission to incubate and launch new value-creating initiatives that challenge the status quo that positively impact our people and clients.
Significant investment in innovation and technology underpin EY’s NextWave strategy. As a trusted innovation and technology advisor, you will partner with some of the most senior leaders across Asia-Pac Tax to spearhead the ideation and development of high impact, scalable products through the adoption of pre-existing and emerging technologies,
Teaming with likeminded technology enthusiasts, your challenger mindset will help identify new ways to improve efficiencies, maximize margins, and deliver superior experience to our People and clients. And, with deep industry knowledge and demonstrated experience in rapid prototyping, you will champion a culture of innovation and inspire a team of talented Product Managers on a mission to build the next big idea for Tax.
This opportunity is open to candidates who are interested in both contract or permanent work, and we are flexible on location.
Your key responsibilities
In the role as Asia-Pac Tax Product and Innovation Lead, you’ll guide the team to ideate, incubate and scale new tech-enabled solutions and emerging technologies. Bringing forth a diverse skillet across data, automation, emerging technology and agile product management, your challenger approach to innovation will deliver high impact opportunities to our business and clients.
- Challenge the status quo to identify product gaps and discover new market opportunities
- Lead with a customer-centric approach to uncover the real Problem and align the Solution with the business/ SSL strategic priorities
- Build business cases for new products based on the four Innovation Product pillars (Desirability, Viability, Feasibility and Alignment)
- Oversee the product lifecycle from ideation and MVP development, to user testing and launch, engaging internal technology teams such as Client Technology, Tax Technology & Transformation and offshore teams) throughout the process.
- Drive a healthy pipeline of new ideas from across the business and qualify each against the Innovation Evaluation model so only the best progress to prototyping.
- Develop metrics and tracking tools to ensure effective implementation and momentum of the product roadmap
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong executive presence - build and maintain a strong network of stakeholders and collaborators to influence cross functional teams to delivery against the product plan across multiple geographies
- Champion a culture of innovation through thought leadership initiatives
- Be open to taking risks and not afraid to fail (pivot fast)
- Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change
- Comfortable with working in a cross-cultural virtual team
- Provide formal and informal coaching on-the-job to grow team members to their full potential.
To qualify for the role you must have
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in product or project management in a corporate or start-up environment
- Expert knowledge of design thinking, agile and innovation methodologies
- Strong track record of launching and scaling new products
- Mastery of agile, SAFE and PMP or Prince2
- Knowledge and experience in managing and delivering web and mobile applications development, analytics and data science/AI initiatives
- Strong stakeholder management, presentation and facilitation skills
- Experience of working in a professional services firm and tax is desirable but not a must
Ideally, you’ll also have
Combination of these qualifications would be preferred
- A Bachelor's Degree
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)
- Design Thinking
What we offer
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.