Consulting Insurance (Financial Services) Senior Manager, Business Consulting
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
We are the only professional services Organisation who has a separate business dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace. Join Financial Services (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset management, banking and capital markets, insurance and private equity, we provide integrated advisory, assurance, tax, and transaction services.
Through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching you will experience ongoing professional development. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Our Financial Services practice provides a broad range of integrated advisory services in the banking and capital markets, insurance, private wealth and asset management sectors. We assist clients in defining their functional strategies and operating models.
We consult with clients across Asia-Pacific to ensure they anticipate and respond to rapidly changing consumer needs, transform efficiency and effectiveness for sustainable competitive advantage, effectively respond to regulatory changes, and enhance people capability and culture.
The Business Consulting team is known for its capability in the following areas:
- Productivity improvement: Improving operations through workforce planning, KPI alignment and process improvement through reengineering and automation.
- Operational transformation: Helping our clients drive their front office strategies into their middle and back office operations to ensure a seamless end to end client experience
- Simplification: Reducing business model complexity to increase efficiency and agility, delivering benefits for customers, employees and shareholders
- Cost optimization: Reducing cost through organizational change, offshoring, outsourcing, and shared service creation/evolution.
We’re looking for a Consulting (Financial Services) Senior Manager, to join our team covering Financial Services finance function transformation.
Your Key Responsibilities
The Financial Services Finance domain is rapidly evolving, due to regulatory and accounting changes. Finance functions must demonstrate real added value to their business.
You’ll use your experience and knowledge to help deliver greater insight and utilize technology to deliver functional efficiencies as well as transforming the role of Finance in our clients’ businesses. You’ll be developing innovative, sustainable ways to improve the management of people, processes and systems, working alongside other IT and Finance professionals in high-performing teams.
To Qualify for the Role, you must have
- Bachelor's degree and approximately 10 years of related work experience in the financial services industry; preferably with 3 years in a business consulting role.
- Deep understanding of Financial Services businesses and technologies (e.g., business models, channels, typical structure, industry terms and issues) with experience in identifying and mitigating project risks and issues
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory and accounting changes (e.g. BASEL, IFRS 9, IFRS 17, RBC2) impacting the Financial Services industry
- Strong experience in project / program delivery lifecycle (e.g., requirements, analysis, design, build, test, deploy)
- Able to effectively engage with business and IT teams
- Able to work effectively with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Business analyst and consulting skillsets with experience in project/ program delivery in Finance accounting solution to achieve business outcomes
- Ability to translate business needs into functional requirements.
- Ability to deliver Finance business change, designing and delivering Finance reporting platform
- Experience in logical, conceptual and physical IT architecture design applied to user interface, application, data and/or infrastructure layers
- Experience in process analysis and design
- Experience in project management and methods (e.g., steering committee communications; risk and issues register; status reporting; financials, resource and schedule tracking)
- Experience in presales and sales activities, generating business through a network of contacts
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What we offer
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture:You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.