Senior Associate, Audit, Non-Profits - London
We are Crowe U.K. LLP - one of the UK’s foremost Audit, Advisory and Tax experts. We are part of Crowe Global, offering the right combination of global reach and expertise to help our clients succeed.
Our head office, in the centre of London, is part of our eight-office network that offers national coverage. As part of Crowe Global, we work with organisations in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Our aim is to become long-term trusted advisors to the organisations and individuals with whom we work. Everything about us: our structure, our training, our people, and our personal and professional success criteria, is driven by this goal.
We are looking for an Audit Senior Associate (newly qualified or qualified senior) to join our award winning Non-Profits team. You will be joining the leading firm of auditors to the charity sector committed to delivering a quality service to a high profile portfolio of clients.
The role will involve working with a variety of charities and other Non-Profit organisations from start-ups to well established, prestigious clients within the sector (including INGOs, grant makers, schools, academies, membership organisations, professional bodies and housing associations), many of whom are top 100 charities or household names.
This is a great opportunity for anyone that is looking to specialise and grow within the sector. You will be working alongside experienced partners and managers in a dynamic and growing team, within a supportive and approachable environment. Your role will be challenging and varied and you will be encouraged to take on responsibilities and offered excellent opportunities to quickly develop and progress further within the firm.
As an Audit Senior Associate you will be expected to take responsibility for running the audit and leading the on-site audit team, working directly with the client under manager supervision. You will manage the audit team and supervise the audit process to ensure our audits are of high quality.
- You will assist in the planning, execution and completion of all areas of the audit for manager and partner review. This will include the preparation of draft reports to senior client management and Audit Committees/Boards.
- Produce work for manager and partner review clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to issues identified. Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements.
- Show initiative and take responsibility for management of the audit to ensure completion within the agreed budget and timescales.
- Act as the principal contact for the client during the on-site fieldwork with active engagement with senior client staff in order to gain a good understanding of the organisation and ensure the efficient execution of the audit.
- Manage on-site teams and assist in the supervision and development of more junior team members.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage time effectively.
- Opportunities for involvement in proposals and presentations for new work.
- Participate in team and firm wide activities and training opportunities.
Technical skills, experience & knowledge:
- Qualified ACA, ICAS or ACCA.
- A good working knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Strong technical knowledge of auditing and accounting standards.
- Knowledge and experience of Charity audits and the Non-Profits sector, including the Charities SORP is an advantage, although not essential.
- A wider interest in the Non-Profits sector.
Why work for Crowe UK LLP?
As one of the UK’s leading firms of chartered accountants, we are looking for exceptional people. Our ethos is to promote our friendly, approachable and professional style as business partners, building strong and long-term relationships with our clients.
We offer you an opportunity to continue your career and work for a Firm that offers stability and knowledge. In addition you can work alongside experienced professionals who put the client at the heart of everything they do.
We want to create the best environment for our staff to thrive. We recognise the importance of offering a flexible approach to our working environment and we would be happy to discuss this with you further.
At Crowe UK LLP, you will find the expertise, the resources and, above all, the commitment to help you build a satisfying and rewarding career. In return we can offer you continued career development, highly competitive salaries and flexible benefits. Plus an opportunity to work for a Firm that truly values its people.
Crowe U.K. LLP is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to our organisation and believe that diversity and inclusivity are key drivers of effectiveness and in providing our clients with a quality service.
Entry and progression within the firm is determined solely by the application of objective criteria, personal performance and merit.Closing Date: 26 May 2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.