Senior - Restructuring & Insolvency (Strategy & Transactions) - Financial Services Office (FSO)
EY is the most globally integrated professional services organization which encompasses a separate business unit dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace. Join Financial Services (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global market perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset management and private equity, banking and capital markets, and insurance, we provide integrated assurance, consulting, strategy & transactions, and tax services to our clients. As a market segment of the FSO, the BBC includes the Bahamas, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, and Cayman Islands. By joining the BBC, you will receive unmatched exposure and experience to our continuously growing portfolio of diverse FSO clients.
Our Strategy & Transactions (SaT) team works with clients to manage their capital agenda to drive competitive advantage and increased returns. As part of a global team of 10,000 professionals in 100 countries you will advise clients on preserving, optimizing, raising or investing capital. Major groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines and competencies) within SaT include Mergers and Acquisition Services, Project Finance, Turnaround & Restructuring, Operational Transaction Services, Transaction Support, Transaction Tax, and Valuations, Economics and Modeling.
Upon embarking on a journey with us, you will experience professional development through exposure to an array of diverse experiences, world-class learning and individual tailored coaching. This, is how we develop outstanding leaders who endeavor to deliver on our promises to all our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. Sounds interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience will last a lifetime.
Our continued success in the BBC region has propelled rapid growth in our team. We have ambitious plans and we are seeking high-performing and motivated seniors to join our Turnaround & Restructuring services team to help in further developing our practice. This role will primarily focus on insolvency and restructuring; the successful candidates should have liquidations experience (both solvent and insolvent), while some restructuring and investigations/forensics experience would be beneficial but is not required for this role. This position is based in Bermuda and, where necessary to meet client demands, in the wider BBC region. Successful candidates must have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience working on their own portfolio of corporate insolvency and restructuring cases from inception through to closure.
Your key responsibilities
- Working under the supervision of and supporting the manager, senior manager, director and/or associate partner/partner, execute restructuring, liquidation and/or insolvency procedures as required and contribute to defining the engagement scope
- Actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships and make sure that delivered client work is of high quality; as part of this, you'll anticipate and identify risks and escalate issues, as appropriate
- Prepare analysis and reports supporting the engagement as required to be delivered to clients and other parties and contribute to presenting our work and its findings to the client
- Work effectively as a team member sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress
- Demonstrate professionalism and confidence to deal with a range of stakeholder groups and management teams
- Undertake tasks critical for effective onboarding of new clients
- Undertake day-to-day tasks for ongoing engagements to help ensure engagements are progressed effectively and within the allocated budget
- Build strong internal relationships within SaT and across other services
Skills and attributes for success
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills; the ability to produce clear, concise, well-written reports is key to our business
- Knowledge of business trends, relevant legislation, emerging technical and industry developments
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Able to multi-task and deadline-driven
- A proactive approach to progressing matters effectively and efficiently and raising key matters with the case manager as required
- An awareness of the importance of recording time accurately and the impact this has on engagement economics
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and you will be expected to work additional hours as required
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Possess or be actively pursuing an internationally recognized professional accounting certification, such as an ACA, CA, CPA or equivalent, or a service line relevant certification, such as a recognized insolvency qualification
- A minimum of two (2) years of recent relevant experience in a similar position, specifically with experience of restructuring and common law liquidations either within the “Big 4” or a boutique restructuring/insolvency firm
- Display a high level of commercial acumen, and an awareness of the key industry drivers
- Proficiency in detailed financial and commercial analysis and able to identify potential areas of sensitivity
- The ability to identify key issues on assignments and suggest workable solutions and experience in presenting findings clearly in reports and other deliverables to clients
Ideally, you may also have
- Appreciation of the risks inherent in advising distressed businesses and their stakeholders
- Knowledge of current market issues in financial services
- Experience working on project-based teams solving complex issues
What we look for
We’re most interested in well-rounded people who are naturally curious and ready to work on engagements from a wide range of backgrounds. In return, you can expect the support of great colleagues, as well the industry-recognized training you’ll need to grow in your career. If you’re a fast learner with great organizational skills, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical, dental and vision coverage, support for obtaining your professional qualification, a competitive pension plan, a minimum of 20 days of vacation plus 11 observed holidays, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress in your career
- Gained flexibility through two-way communication and commitment with your engagement teams
As a global leader in assurance, consulting, strategy & transaction, and tax services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Make your mark.
EY, an equal opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.