Market Risk (Financial Services) Senior Manager, Business Consulting
We are the only professional services organisation who has a separate business dedicated exclusively to the financial services marketplace. Join Financial Services (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including banking and capital markets, asset management, insurance and private equity, we provide integrated advisory, assurance, tax, and transaction services.
Join Financial Services Risk Management practice and you will provide a well-integrated broad array of risk management services to banking and capital market participants within global banking, capital markets, asset management and insurance. FSRM products and services include Treasury Markets, Market Risk, Credit Risk/ Capital Adequacy/ Liquidity Risk, Anti-Money Laundering, Regulatory Compliance, Prudential Supervision, Bank Holding Company reporting, Operational Risk, Enterprise Risk, Structured Finance and Quantitative Advisory Services.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Your Key Responsibilities
Advise clients on Financial Services issues in the industry, focusing on qualitative and quantitative analysis. Lead EY solutions and practice development in market risk/ interest rate risk, liquidity risk, counterparty credit risk, balance sheet management (ALM), market risk related capital adequacy measurement methods, model risk management and governance while establishing relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels.
Skills and Attributes for Success
- Design and apply quantitative techniques to help deliver market and liquidity risk modeling methodologies.
- Lead the practical application of advanced analytics techniques to help clients solve business problems and complex issues in the financial services industry.
- Apply statistical, economic, financial, or mathematical theories to guide the team in quantitative approaches, which are used for identifying and measuring risks, valuing exposures, instruments or positions, conducting stress testing, assessing adequacy of capital, measuring compliance with internal limits, or meeting financial or regulatory reporting requirements.
- Demonstrate technical capabilities and professional knowledge on Market Risk treasury and associated capital market products including derivatives.
- Communicate and interpret technical concepts to both technical and non-technical client stakeholders including senior stakeholders – Board and Senior management and speak at seminars to enhance the firm profile in ALM space.
- Consistently deliver quality client services by leading teams, monitoring progress, managing risks and ensuring key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes.
To Qualify for the Role
- Bachelor/ Master’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Financial Engineering, Finance or MBA degree in Finance or a related field.
- 8 to 12 years of work experience in quantitative analysis. CFA and FRM certification will be an added advantage.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Designing and developing quantitative methods and services for capital markets products
- Front Office (FO) pricing models, Market and Counterparty Credit Risk models, liquidity/ interest rate risk models, treasury function models, operational risk models or RWA computation as per Basel III/ IV, IBOR initiative
- Well versed with statistical and numerical techniques and the principles of the theory of probability and stochastic calculus
- Functional knowledge related to modeling of term structure, financial risks and derivative products (e.g., equity, FX, commodities, credit and interest rates), risk management, model development, model validation, advanced analytics (e.g., machine learning techniques)
- Functional experience in market risk modeling and associated methodologies and their role in the overall risk management framework.
- Understanding or experience in following programming languages or tools will be an added advantage: R, MATLAB, Python, SQL, Tableau, Machine Learning etc.
- Experience in the benchmark rate submission process will be an added advantage
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. We also offer you:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.