Supervising Associate Internal Business Advisor
EY GDS (Global Delivery Services) means 40.000 specialists providing global IT, HR, finance, project management and strategic business services to EY member firms. In addition, we deliver support and solutions to clients from all over the world.
EY is carrying out a global business transformation which includes a global SAP implementation. This significant change to our business creates new possibilities for external candidates.
We are looking for a Supervising Associate Internal Business Advisor with financial experience who will play a key role to advise and support our internal client serving teams to make best use of SAP and its processes, in order to effectively manage their projects with EY GDS’s external clients. There are two main components to this role: providing on-demand financial advisory support to engagement teams reaching out through a variety of technological conduits (online chat, phone line or by logging a ticket) and impactful proactive outreach to engagement teams that have been indentified as needing intervention through financial metrics exception reporting. Furthermore, at the Supervising Associate level, this role encompasses providing counselling and guidance to other members of the finance team. If you’re flexible and ready to adapt to a constantly evolving business environment there is no better place to further develop your skills!
Your key responsibilities:
As a Supervising Associate your key responsibilities will include the following:
- You will organise a team schedule (which includes yourself) for taking calls / chats from client servers – the objective of which is:
- Ensuring engagement teams are properly prepared for client negotiations from financial perspective
- Explaining downstream impacts of different user choices required in SAP
- Providing instruction and guidance on the preparation of external client project completion estimate processes and corresponding financial impacts
- Advising and screen sharing to show users how to perform various actions in SAP
- You will make decisions to ensure client servers receive a timely and accurate response from the team so that questions / issues are resolved or escalated to the appropriate functional expert quickly and effectively
- You will manage new user’s onboarding and training
- You will be expected to use strong analytical skills to identify individuals / teams in need of proactive outreach to improve financial performance. In addition, you will build strong relationships with service line teams to understand how to best approach your stakeholders
- You will leverage system and finance expertise regarding topics to be addressed via outreach process and their prioritization
- In addition to core responsibilities listed above, Supervising Associate is expected to provide coaching and guidance to other members of Internal Business Advisors team through work shadowing, advising and informal training
- You may also be required to help facilitate training for account and engagement teams on SAP and effective financial management practices.
Skills and attributes for success:
- You are a fluent and effective English speaker (min. C1 level)
- You have minimum 5 years of experience working in a corporate organization preferably in finance / business / customer service area with at least 3 years of experience in supervisor’s role
- You have excellent listening skills to provide focused advice combined with the ability to apply judgment and seek guidance when escalation to a functional expert is appropriate
- You have exceptional customer service skills, including responsiveness and commitment to quality
- You are able to prioritize workload and deliver outputs within strict deadlines.
- You have strong communication and partnering skills (with people of all levels in the firm)
- You have strong knowledge of financial metrics and dependencies including ability to calculate variances quickly and accurately
- You have experience in coaching more junior team members through work shadowing, answering questions etc.
Who do we look for:
We’re interested in hiring a professional in customer service area (at least 5 years of experience) who is experienced in financial economics. You should be able to work with limited supervision and demonstrate self-drive and also prioritize workload and deliver outputs within strict deadlines. As an ideal candidate you should have a strong desire to help and support people requiring assistance and you have to be a fantastic team player.
What working at EY offers:
This role offers a great possibility to develop within financial economics and gives you the opportunity to work in a professional, dynamic and a truly global team. If you have confidence with professional client service and you are keen to develop further in financial area, the position is just perfect for you, so don’t hesitate and apply!
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.