Finance Data – Senior Consultant – Dublin
The EY Financial Services (FS) – Consulting team is continuing to grow and develop unique consulting propositions aligned to the market needs and demand. We are currently looking for exceptional Senior Consultants (2+ Years experience) with strong experience in data across the Finance or Risk domains to join the team and support continued success on a global scale.
EY’s FS Consulting team is experiencing an exciting period of growth due to the FS sector coming under increasing pressure to transform their Process, Data and Technology capabilities, deliver on a complex change agenda over the next 3 to 5 years and marrying ongoing regulatory demands with new and emerging technology and data related initiatives. As a result of these demands, many Finance functions are turning to us for support. This role will offer a huge variety of challenges and opportunities to make a serious impact on our client’s businesses and your career.
FS Consulting works collaboratively with our global peers and our clients to enhance their ability to solve complex business problems through data led solutions. Our clients need the vision to articulate the big picture and the precision to see the smallest of details. Information and intelligence are the assets which enable this, and we provide innovative approaches to unlocking this information, solving many of our clients’ biggest issues.
We provide the below services within the Finance, Risk and Compliance sectors:
- Finance Data Strategy
- Risk Data Quality & Governance
- Big Data / Cloud solutions
- Finance Data Modelling
- Finance Data Processing, Mapping and Migration
- Regulatory Reporting Solutions
Your key responsibilities
An ideal candidate will have strong interest to learn about new technologies and data and how to develop solutions across Risk & Finance functions as well as Financial Services, you will support the delivery of key projects and develop strong capabilities through both formal training and working with senior mentors and talented colleagues.
You will support our Finance and Data expertise working alongside other EY colleagues in Finance, Risk, Data & Analytics, Actuarial and Accounting specialisms to support client engagements and develop thought leadership.
- Working as part of a delivery team on client engagements related to Data, with a specific focus likely on Data Governance and Quality engagements including, for example, outputs that support:
- Determine data requirement for Finance functions (including regulatory reporting data requirements)
- Support enablement of Data Policy, Ownership, Definitions, Lineage and Controls
- Support regulatory compliance activities
- Support realising data sharing arrangements across and between firms
- Support assessments of current state data maturity and identification of new operating models
- Supporting development of new EY Finance data solutions and methods that will improve effectiveness and reduce costs of current practices
- Supporting preparation of market perspective and pursuit materials
Skills and attributes for success
- The right attitude and experience in one or more of our core areas of competency
- Strong communication, presentation and business and technical writing skills
- Ability to provide excellent client service and manage and build strong relationships both internally and externally, coupled with a strong interest in further developing and integrating operations with technology skills
- Awareness of emerging issues, including regulations, industry practices and new technologies
- FSO clients work with a large number of technologies and an ideal candidate would have exposure to these or similar / alternative technologies of choice, for instance Neo4J, OrientDB, GraphQL, REST API, JSON, Cloud Enablement, Containers and Microservices, Digital Currencies and Tokens, Distributed Systems, Blockchain, Test Driven Development, Machine Learning and AI, Smart Contracts, Continuous Integration / Delivery, Digital Governance, Automation
The ideal candidate will have
- 2-5 years of experience working with or in a Finance or Risk function on data related topics or a Chief Data Officer / Enterprise Data functions including work with current and emerging data technologies such as Data Fabrics, Data Governance platforms and Data Quality solutions
- Understanding of technology trends and implications on the FS industry, including digital drivers, cloud architecture & providers, integration tools & approaches, and artificial intelligence methods & techniques
- Working knowledge of at least one Financial Services industry, such as banking or insurance, including the key terms and concepts
- Knowledge of the common functions in a typical Data organisation
- Passion for the delivery of data technology solutions that deliver positive outcomes for customers, regulators and shareholders
- A university degree, preferably in computer science, engineering, business and information or similar, with a minimum of a 2:1 (or equivalent)
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Knowledge of regulations such as Basel IV, BCBS 239, MiFIDII, and Solvency II,
- Experience in data analysis and using data to solve complex business problems;
- Experience with data tools, for example: Ab Initio, Cloudera, Hadoop (and other Big Data solutions), Informatica, Qlik, Tableau, Teradata
What we look for
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are passionate about Data and want to assist clients to become truly data driven organisations. If you think you can meet the challenges of a focused consulting organisation, understand how to grow and lead in a large practice and work in the most complex of sectors our Finance Data team is looking forward to hearing from you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.