Manager, Financial Services Tax
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Our Financial Services Tax Group focuses on corporate tax consulting and compliance services for clients in the financial services industry, which encompasses banking & capital markets, insurance and asset management. Our highly trained specialty team is equipped to provide solutions tailored to the needs of our clients.
Join a global network that understands what businesses need to have access, visibility and control. Our market-leading approach combines extensive local compliance and accounting experience with a standard global compliance process and web-based tools to help you execute your job. In one country or many, you have the opportunity to provide clients an integrated, consistent, quality service that unlocks the potential of the compliance function, with tax compliance, statutory accounts preparation and tax accounting calculation support.
Your key responsibilities
As part of our Financial Services tax team, we’ll look to you for delivering value to our clients by developing innovative and integrated solutions to meet their growing needs. Providing a full range of services to clients including strategy and planning solutions and ideas as well as compliance services. In our friendly, collaborative environment, you’ll receive the support, formal training and coaching you need to progress quickly along the career path you choose.
Skills and attributes for success
- Manage and coordinate in business tax compliance and tax advisory engagements
- Develop budgets, determine resource requirements, and direct / monitor engagements
- Maintain continuous interaction with clients, manage expectations and ensure exceptional client service
- Team with tax professionals in other sub-service lines to provide comprehensive tax services
- Oversee the compliance management process and adapt to challenges in the process
- Participate in managing a compliance group by assisting with forecasting future compliance work, delegating work effectively, and resolving staffing issues
- Share knowledge to develop professionally and enhance service delivery. Facilitate open communication and supervise staff and peers
- Participate in recruiting efforts when necessary
- Contribute to a flexible, stable, and team-oriented working culture
To qualify for the role you must have
- A recognized university degree in finance or accounting; a CPA or other professional accounting qualification
- At least 5 years of relevant business tax experience gained from the financial services industries such as insurance, banking or asset management
- A good understanding of business and tax technical issues, and the ability to transform these into value-added solutions for clients
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience working in public accounting firms
- Relevant business tax experience gained from the financial services industries such as insurance, banking or asset management
- Accreditation by SCTP
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What we offer
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.