Finance Data - Senior Manager - Dublin
The EY Financial Services (FS) – Consulting team is continuing to grow and develop unique consulting propositions aligned to the market needs and demand. We are currently looking for exceptional Senior Manager level consultants with strong experience in data across the Finance and Risk domains to join the team and drive continued success on a global scale.
EY’s FS Consulting team is experiencing an exciting period of growth due to the Finance sector coming under increasing pressure to transform their Process, Data and Technology capabilities, deliver on a complex change agenda over the next 3 to 5 years and marrying ongoing regulatory demands with new and emerging technology and data related initiatives. As a result of these demands, many Finance functions are turning to us for support. This role will offer a huge variety of challenges and opportunities to make a serious impact on our business, our client’s businesses and your career.
FS Consulting works collaboratively with our global peers and our clients to enhance their ability to solve complex business problems through data led solutions. Our clients need the vision to articulate the big picture and the precision to see the smallest of details. Information and intelligence are the assets which enable this, and we provide innovative approaches to unlocking this information, solving many of our clients’ biggest issues.
For this role, experience working directly with Chief Data Officers (CDOs) or within Enterprise Data Services teams would be distinctly advantageous.
We provide the below services within the Finance, Risk and Compliance sectors:
- Finance Data Strategy
- Risk Data Quality & Governance
- Big Data / Cloud solutions
- Finance Data Modelling
- Data Processing, Mapping and Migration
- Regulatory Reporting Solutions
Your key responsibilities
An ideal candidate will have strong interest to learn about new technologies and data and how to develop solutions across Risk & Finance functions as well as Financial Services. In your role, you will contribute with your knowledge and experience to support the delivery of key projects, nurture valuable relationships both within EY and with clients, and develop strong capabilities through both formal training and working with senior mentors and talented colleagues.
You will contribute to our Finance and Data Architecture expertise working alongside other EY colleagues in Finance, Risk, Data & Analytics, Actuarial and Accounting specialisms to support client engagements and develop thought leadership.
We succeed when we combine high performing team members from a variety of backgrounds. We are therefore looking for a Senior Manager with industry, consulting, delivery or vendor backgrounds. We will provide the required support to transition into the team if this is your first step into consultancy.
In your role as a Senior Data Technologist, you will possess most of the skills outlined below:
- Ability to reason logically and creatively and use a variety of analytical techniques to resolve data technology problems
- Ability to plan, design and lead data technology engagements aligned to a client's business challenge, including the development of Data Strategies and Data Risk Solutions
- Ability to work closely and harmoniously with both business users and technology personnel on projects
- Demonstrate a proven record of success in roles within a professional services firm or large enterprise that supports a team servicing clients including:
- Capturing data lifecycles, including identification of data definitions and controls
- Developing Data Services solutions related to Analytics, Decisioning and Monetisation
- Meeting regulatory requirements for data submissions
- Understanding and documenting existing systems and technology
- Formulating and estimating, business and technical solutions
- Gathering, analysing and articulating high-level business capabilities and requirements
- Developing architecture models, diagrams, drawings, and visual communications
- Managing large scale delivery programmes within defined cost, time, and quality targets
- Coaching, mentoring and supporting systems development or technology support teams including defining the technology operating model
- Resolving promptly issues and business questions
- Resolving high-level functional issues with senior stakeholders
In your role as a Senior Manager, you will have:
- Experience identifying and addressing client needs: building solid relationships with clients; developing an awareness of EY services; communicating with the client in an organized and knowledgeable manner; delivering clear requests for information; demonstrating flexibility in prioritising and completing tasks; and communicating potential conflicts to a supervisor.
- Experience as a team member: understanding personal and team roles; contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members; proactively seeking guidance, clarification and feedback
- Ability to use effective written and verbal business communication skills when interacting with team members and/or clients in a professional setting.
- Ability to document effectively, using non-technical business terms and vocabulary that will be clearly understood by all users and co-workers.
- Ability to coordinate, facilitate and make presentations
Skills and attributes for success
- Ambition to build / develop a career in EY and our Finance team
- Strong interest and commitment to developing and delivering leading edge solutions
- Show potential to develop strong client relationships
- Intellectual strength / flexibility to rapidly understand complex problems and rationalise these into a workable solution which can then be delivered
- Ability to develop and deliver high quality output against stated project objectives and meet tight deadlines
- Creating and executing a vision for building future data platforms based on distributed systems such as blockchain in co-operation with some the leading financial services players
- Advising our clients how they can leverage distributed systems and real time data streams e.g. for governing and managing their key master, reference and domain data and / or their data models.
- Creating and executing Data Management Strategies which aims to leverage and combine data APIs (e.g. GraphQL, REST) and knowledge graph technologies such as OrientDB, Neo4J or Amazon Neptune for building organization wide flexible data interfaces & platforms
- High level of drive, commitment to achieving solutions, and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to develop impactful written presentations and participate effectively in meetings with senior clients
- Team player who openly supports, encourages and shares knowledge with colleagues
- Ability to work under limited supervision (‘self starter’) in unstructured environments
- Experience of working with existing finance logical data models from package vendors, e.g. Teradata and IBM and new technologies such as GCP AWS and Azure
- Experience with statistical software (e.g., R, Python, MATLAB, pandas), the latest Data science platforms (e.g. Databricks, AzureML) and frameworks (e.g. Tensorflow, MXNet, scikit-learn)
- FSO clients work with a large number of technologies and an ideal candidate would have exposure to these or similar / alternative technologies of choice, for instance Neo4J, OrientDB, GraphQL, REST API, JSON, Cloud Enablement, Containers and Microservices, Digital Currencies and Tokens, Distributed Systems, Blockchain, Test Driven Development, Machine Learning and AI, Smart Contracts, Continuous Integration / Delivery, Digital Governance, Automation
The ideal candidate will have
- Experience of leading teams and delivering solutions in a top tier consulting firm (Big 4, Accenture, IBM etc.) or technology / service provider
- Experience working with Chief Data Officers or Enterprise Data functions including work with current and emerging data technologies such as Data Fabrics, Data Governance platforms and Data Quality solutions
- Experience working in Insurance and or Banking
- Understanding of technology trends and implications on the FS industry, including digital drivers, cloud architecture & providers, integration tools & approaches, and artificial intelligence methods & techniques
- Knowledge of the common functions in a typical Data organisation
- Passion for the delivery of data technology solutions that deliver positive outcomes for customers, regulators and shareholders
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Industry Data accreditation e.g. EDMC DCAM
- Knowledge of regulations such as MiFIDII, EMIR, Basel IV and BCBS 239
- Preparation of proposals and sales materials
- Experience of digital transformation and technologies
- Experience of DevOps and Agile with a focus on adoption in large scale organisations
- Experience of working with emerging technologies such as cloud, integration, AI, or edge computing
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.