Associate / Consultant, Indirect Tax - GST
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Join our globally integrated team of dedicated indirect tax professionals and you will combine technical knowledge, industry understanding and technologically advanced tools and methodologies to identify risks and sustainable planning opportunities for indirect taxes throughout the tax life cycle at the local level. You will help us provide effective processes, improve day-to-day reporting, reduce attribution errors, reduce cost and ensure indirect taxes are handled correctly in transactions for our clients.
Our Goods & Services Tax (GST) team is one of the leading GST practices in Singapore reputed for its technical competency and its deep knowledge of businesses. The services offered by our GST team include GST advisory, Assisted Compliance Assurance Program review, Assisted Self Help Kit review, GST return preparation and review, GST due diligence and GST training. We offer vast learning opportunities in term of regular structured training programs and on-the-job experience with clients from diverse industries.
Your key responsibilities
You’ll spend your time assisting clients in their GST compliance by way of preparing GST returns, conducting GST reviews and handling queries from the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS). You’ll also assist in the provision of GST advisory services, including GST due diligence and seeking GST rulings from the IRAS. You’ll enjoy an environment where team members are friendly, helpful and willing to share their knowledge.
Skills and attributes for success
- Good communication skills
- Diligent and has a strong drive to excel professionally
- A team player
To qualify for the role you must have
- A degree in economics, finance, tax or accounting;
- At least 1 year of experience in the GST department of major accounting firms or the IRAS
- Good communication skills and a team player
- Commitment to the delivery good quality work
- Basic GST knowledge
- Ability to develop good client relationships
- Positive working attitude and motivation to learn
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Good IT knowledge
- Accreditation by SIATP
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What we offer
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.