Senior Accountant #158234
Your field of responsibility
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
Legal Entity Accounting and Review (LEAR) is a team with 160 staff responsible for the core accounting for the major legal entities within the Credit Suisse Group. The LEAR Americas team based in Raleigh is a strong team responsible for the core income statement and balance sheet accounting, results analysis and results presentation for Credit Suisse’s US Intermediate Holding Company (IHC) and its subsidiaries as well as Credit Suisse’s New York and Cayman Branch.
Team is also responsible for supporting delivery of firm side strategic projects, change initiatives and innovation ideas.
AVP level role is now available within the Americas Strategic Projects team. This is a hybrid role of accounting and technology.
- Create efficiencies and automation of our manual process.
- Improve the process of monthly closing of books & records, posting of recurring journal entries, analytical review of income statement and balance sheet
- Ensure compliance with GAAP, SEC and regulatory reporting requirements
- Manage and maintain an effective control environment in the core accounting area including SOX and IHC controls on business processes
- Ensure effective implementation of strategic change initiatives, new business, new policy, new regulations, new system implementations in the core accounting area
- Build positive relationships with CS management in New York and Zurich and other CS departments (e.g. Finance Change, Operations, Product Control, Global Markets, etc.), and liaison as necessary with external business partners (auditors, regulators e.g. SEC, FRB)
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
Your skills and experience
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and demonstrate dedication to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting preferred.
- CPA or Masters in Accounting candidates will be preferred
- Qualified accountant with minimum 4 years of experience
- Experience with US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements
- Must have experience in Investment Banking or Big 4 industry and good knowledge of IB products and broker dealer, mortgage business, alternative investments, securitization accounting
- Prior experience of working on strategic change projects, innovation tools like R-programming, Python, macros or Visual Basic is preferred!
- Hardworking, result oriented with ability to learn in a fast paced environment
- A phenomenal teammate with outstanding written and verbal communication and problem solving skills
Your new employer
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.
Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws, as well as regulatory requirements, regarding considering of employment qualified individuals with criminal histories and prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.