Consultant, Client Services, Transfer Agency
The TA Client Services Operations Consultant is a key member of the Transfer Agency operations team. This role will focus on managing the completion of high priority workflow requests and daily inquiries directed to transfer agency by clients and financial institutions. This individual is the primary point of contact for GFS Client Service Manager (CSM) for daily updates on large transactions and issue resolution. Responsibilities will include: triage priority requests and follow through, facilitating accurate and timely deliverables, organizing dealer / financial institution change requests and client notifications, resolving operational complaints.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee daily financial institution/back office inbox inquiries and high-priority transaction processing items through to completion. Collaborate closely with business unit to facilitate best in class service.
- Ensure priority transactions are completed in accordance with instructions.
- Provide quality control review for outbound messaging to financial institutions and clients for high priority items and provide feedback.
- Ensure accuracy for manual and custom transaction processing cases.
- Engage business partners to develop TA related initiatives to drive efficiencies, process improvements and improve client service.
- Manage escalation and resolution of financial institution/ dealer complaints. Lead efforts to identify root causes and preventative measures.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of customized client processes and team functions.
- Develop understanding of clients’ products and transfer agency servicing needs.
- Act as the key point of contact for Client Service Managers and follow up on day-to-day client queries and issue resolution.
- Proactively communicate operational matters to Client Service Managers and client as they arise. Seek client direction and approval for exceptions, when appropriate.
- Provide management reporting on issues, client escalations, root cause and resolution.
- Interact with various operations areas to improve client specific processes.
- Understanding of financial services transfer agency operations: mutual funds, collective investment trusts, fund of fund structures, back office and intermediary operations, NSCC/DTCC services and retirement plan vehicles.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Works with a sense of urgency
- Experience Required
- A College or University degree and/or 5+ years relevant proven work experience
- Previous Financial Industry experience a plus
- Previous Client Service experience in a service oriented environment
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.