Analyst, Compliance AML Advisory
The Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Advisory Team is responsible for effectively advising our business unit partners in the implementation of Northern Trust’s AML Program, primarily at client onboarding, to mitigate AML risk, meet industry standards and practices, and comply with AML regulations. Reporting to the North America Corporate & Institutional Services (C&IS) and Northern Trust Asset Management (NTAM) AML Advisory manager, this role’s primary responsibility will involve providing support and functional knowledge as it relates to compliance with applicable AML laws, rules and standards. In addition, the role will be responsible for generating and reviewing metrics, monitoring certain AML processes, and working directly with client-facing staff. As the role matures, additional AML Advisory tasks may be introduced.
- Monitoring of various alert items and follow-up with client-facing staff.
- Accumulation of relevant AML news for inclusion in client-facing materials.
- Compilation of AML metrics and preparation of presentation packages for board and senior management meetings.
- Assistance with remediation projects.
- Review of SWIFT Relationship Management Application (RMA) requests.
- Participation in additional projects or initiatives, as directed by management.
- Bachelor's/College Degree, Economics, Finance/Accountancy/Banking, Business Studies/Administration/Management or equivalent
- At least 2-3 years of working experience in the related field is required for this position
- Knowledge of applicable AML and Economic Sanctions laws and regulations, usually acquired through formal education or experience, is preferred
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Access is preferred
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Applicants must be willing to work in Bonifacio Global City
- Applicants must be amenable in working a 5am to 2pm shift
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 20,000 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward- looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of December 31, 2020 Northern Trust Corporation had:
$170 billion in banking assets
$11.3 trillion in assets under custody
$14.5 trillion in assets under custody/administration
$1.4 trillion in assets under management Responsibilities
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.