Senior Analyst, Transfer Agency – Tax (Registration)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
The Transfer Agency department provides a third party fund administration service to numerous fund management companies covering the full range of shareholder servicing functions including dealing, registration, finance and investor services. Transfer Agency is a growing department based over 4 locations Limerick, Dublin, India and Pune. It’s a fast paced environment offering all partners excellent opportunities to grow their careers. The Registration and Tax Team is responsible for investor account opening, maintenance and ensuring that Northern Trust’s clients expectations, regulatory and tax requirements are met.
As a member of the Registration and Tax team the successful candidate will assist the team in providing comprehensive, in-depth technical guidance, tax compliance, operational support and direction on tax matters within the Transfer Agency business and its impact within the broader Northern Trust business.
WHY CHOOSE THIS OPPORTUNITY WITHIN THE REGISTRATION AND TAX TEAM?
This role offers the right candidate the opportunity to join a fast paced team within a growing company, The partner will be exposed to many teams and departments within Northern Trust while all the time expanding your Transfer Agency and tax knowledge. The Registration and Tax team aims to provide new joiners with on the job training and a good support network facilitating a smooth integration to the team.
- Complete and review Investment Undertaking Tax (IUT) and 8th year deemed disposal tax calculations
- Assist with tax reporting to ensure reports (IUT, Irish Property Tax, US Tax and FATCA & CRS) are accurately prepared and submitted in a timely manner
- Perform tax oversight of processing quality for delivery and timeliness
- Provide timely and accurate information to clients and management on tax reporting
- Procedure maintenance following the change control process
- Respond promptly and appropriately to general queries received from clients, investors and internal teams
- To work closely with the relevant contacts within the scope of the process and for clients to provide the best possible service, responding to queries and escalating as appropriate
- Comply with the regulatory regime in which Northern Trust operates as appropriate to the above role
- Exercise due care and diligence, and ensure that the responsibilities of the role are organised and controlled within the ambit of regulation, compliance and risk management
- Observe proper standards of market, business and personal conduct, demonstrating integrity in the execution of duties
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Prior Transfer Agency and/or tax experience would be an advantage
- Accuracy and attention to detail at all times and effectively manage deadlines
- Numerically competent with strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Effective risk management
- Time Management Skills
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Proactive in terms of identifying opportunities to make improvements and implement same
- Ability to work within a team environment
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.