Senior Auditor II
Northern Trust is recruiting for a Senior Auditor II to join the Audit Services Department with a focus on audits over Northern Trust's risk management and compliance activities. While this position will broadly cover regulatory and risk management obligations and expectations (e.g. credit risk, fraud, operational risk, privacy, etc.), an emphasis for this position will be the review and assessment of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Economic Sanctions (ES) regulations and Northern Trust’s adherence to them. The selected candidate will work closely with Audit Specialists and Audit Team Managers to build the scope of the audit and to devise an appropriate testing approach to be performed and executed during the engagement.
The selected candidate will lead audit project teams, including providing audit team oversight and communicating results of the engagement to management and other stakeholders. In this role, the Senior Auditor II will actively engage with senior members of Northern Trust management, including those responsible for leading the general compliance, risk management, and AML/ES programs as well as client facing business units.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Conducts complex, cross-jurisdictional, technically difficult, and high risk global audit engagements with appropriate attention to detail
- Leads audit project teams, including taking ownership and being accountable in meeting stated audit project objectives and timeframes, adhering to Department Policies and Standards, and actively communicating results of engagements
- Develops and demonstrates an understanding of business risks, controls, and processes, along with an understanding of relevant laws, regulatory rules, and knowledge of the impact to business processes
- Provides technical expertise and applies analytical skills to review information, performs assessments of audit results, and evaluates the adequacy of controls
- Accurately designs and executes the testing approach and ensures that work paper documentation is clear, concise, supports the reviews performed, and explains decisions made during the project
- Actively communicates the audit status to business unit and Audit Services management and is responsible for compiling findings and recommendations for the purpose of status updates, memos, and audit reports
- Communicates with management, including leading efforts to discuss the business/risk environment and issues/risks raised during the audit review, along with providing periodic updates on the status of the project
- Develops technical expertise towards becoming a reliable subject area expert to build authentic relationships with the team and auditee to be able to provide comprehensive, in-depth insight and leadership
- Conducts presentations on audit scope and audit results to senior stakeholders in the business and Audit Department
- Works collaboratively with team members across multiple jurisdictions and cultures
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Strong and well-rounded AML/ES regulatory compliance knowledge and experience working at a regional to large financial institution and/or regulatory agency
- 5+ years of experience with internal audit, compliance function, or a regulatory agency with AML/ES related responsibilities
- Demonstrated knowledge and interest in regulatory compliance or risk management
- Strong knowledge of internal audit processes such as sampling, testing, and process/control walkthroughs with strong workpaper documentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment as part of a global audit team across multiple time zones and jurisdictions
- A College or University degree required, JD/Masters desirable
- Professional certifications (e.g., CAMS, CPA, CIA, etc.) highly desirable but not mandatory
- Proven ability to work independently, engage with senior stakeholders (e.g., have challenging discussions over audit results, setting agendas and leading stakeholder discussions, etc.), and work in a team environment
- Strong report writing, organizational, and time management skills
- Excellent oral communication skills and an ability to succinctly communicate complex concepts in an easy to understand manner
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications; experience with audit workpaper applications such as Teammate preferred
The competencies that would be valuable for this role include:
- Analytical thinking and detail oriented
- Ownership and accountability
- Project management
- Focused client relationships
- Team player
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.