Working within the Risk, Compliance and Professional Standards department, you will support the Technical Director and wider Audit Methodology team on a variety of topics.
This varied, dynamic role is an excellent opportunity to develop your audit technical knowledge, and help shape the future of our audits through involvement in the ongoing LEAP implementation and data analytics projects from an early stage. LEAP consists of Grant Thornton International’s new audit methodology, automated workpapers tool, and suite of supporting learning materials. In addition to creating a network across the Irish audit practice, this role has scope to enable you to develop relationships across the wider Grant Thornton International network.
Duties and responsibilities
The Technical Senior will play a key role in the ongoing LEAP implementation project.
- Assist in rolling out the new LEAP audit methodology and respond to audit methodology related queries;
- Assist in monitoring the roll out of the LEAP audit methodology and tool across the firm by assisting in the performance of hot reviews on audit files;
- Assist in the ongoing development, and maintenance of, the Audit Methodology and Templates SharePoint site;
- Help localise audit tool content and test audit tool updates prior to release.
- Assist with the organisation, development of content and delivery of technical and tool based training.
- Help maintain the firm’s audit templates and other audit standard documentation;
- Prepare Practice User Guides for internal distribution on audit technical issues and changes in policies and methodology, highlighting the impact on the firm’s processes and audit requirements;
- Assist with the development of content and the delivery of audit technical and tool based training;
- Assist in the methodology considerations of the roll out of the suite of data analytics modules to the audit practice.
- Work closely with the firm’s Innovation Team;
- Create supporting materials;
- Issue communications;
- Assist in data analytics training.
- Provide assistance to risk and compliance functions
- Take responsibility for the ongoing monitoring of archiving compliance;
- As and when required, assist in the preparation for regulatory reviews and filings.
- Work on one off and recurring projects as and when required.
Required skills and experience:
- ACA / ACCA qualified.
- Strong technical audit skills and an interest in auditing standards.
- Highly motivated with an ability to take ownership for themselves and eager to learn.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communication (both written and verbal) and presentation skills including ability to communicate effectively with senior management.
- Excellent team player with an ability to work with cross functional teams.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.