Cordia Blackswan are a dynamic Birmingham-based property developer. Having recently become part of one of the largest real estate and investor groups in Europe, now we are on a mission. We believe that everyone has a right to a happy home, somewhere to feel safe, comfortable, and content. It’s the guiding principle behind what we do and reinforces our belief that the best homes are the ones designed with the people who live there in mind. We are entering a period of rapid growth to deliver on our pipeline of unique projects and now we are looking for people who share that mission and our values to join us as we enter this exciting new phase of company expansion.
Why work at Cordia Blackswan
We know property development gets a bad rep, some of which is deserved, but we want to rip that rulebook up and design and build the best homes we can come up with. We look beyond a target £ per sq.ft figure, but strive to create homes with a sense of place and belonging. We need people to join us who share that vision and want to have fun while doing it. We offer a working environment where people want to show up every day, virtually or in-person, 25 days holiday a year, a company healthcare plan, and the opportunity to create sustainable communities that matter.
We are currently recruiting for an ambitious Finance Assistant. This role forms an integral part of the finance team, primarily being responsible for assisting with the internal and external financial reporting for the Cordia Blackswan group. The role reports directly into the Finance Manager, and the two will be responsible for running all financial aspects of the group companies.
- Assistance in preparation and delivery of group financial reports to parent company in Hungary on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Working alongside the Financial Manager and the parent company Finance Team to ensure accurate and timely reporting of company accounts and finance activities as required by the parent company.
- Working to develop and maintain a robust set of financial controls, and drive process improvement initiatives and reporting enhancements.
- Ensuring the integrity of the ledgers in relation to the company structure, and chart of accounts management.
- Playing a key role in the implementation of new accounting systems and controls.
- Periodic cash flow forecasting and ensuring the business is compliant with banking covenants.
- Support with day-to-day requests from the Finance Manager.
- Preparing quarterly financial reports for each of the projects and the operating company.
- Working alongside the Development team to develop and monitor accurate project cash flow statements.
- Preparation of ad-hoc reports as required by the business.
- Processing of invoices and bank statements.
- Preparation of simple accounts.
- Assistance in statutory filing.
What credentials are we ideally looking for?
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Part-qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ ACCA).
- Strong working knowledge of accounting standards (FRS 102, IFRS ideal, but not essential).
- Experience of working in a group function preferred, but not essential.
- Ability to work effectively in a deadline intensive environment.
- Willingness to adapt to constantly changing business requirements.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organisation.
- Strong IT capability.
- Energetic and enthusiastic.
- Flexible to changing priorities.
- Eager to make a difference and full belief in Cordia Blackswan mission.
- Must be able to work under pressure to tight timescales, juggle multiple projects and have exceptional organisational skills.
- Excellent written English with attention to detail.
Would you like to Apply?
The closing date for applications is Monday 17th May 2021.
Please note that at this time we are unable to provide UK visa sponsorship.
Cordia Blackswan encourage candidates to submit their applications as early as possible, as we do reserve the right to remove this advert or close it to further applications at any point during the recruitment process.
(Strictly No Agencies).
"We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of race, sex, disability, religion and belief, sexual orientation, or status regarding gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity."