Senior Accountant - Adult Social Care
The Adult Social Care Finance team support the Adult Care and Support Directorate, whose role is to provide personal and practical support to help people live their lives and maintain their independence, dignity and control.
My client is a large council undergoing growth and change
Due to the recent COVID-19 pandemic the Directorate has had to adapt and respond rapidly to the changing environment around providing care in order to keep people safe. The legacy of the pandemic will no doubt shape further changes in how Adult Care and Support is delivered for the future.
This role will work closely with the officers in the directorate to ensure that funding is available for services through a range of agencies, including other local authority and NHS partners. On a day to day basis this role will be required to provide financial support directly to the Director for Adult Care & Support.
As Senior Accountant, your key responsibilities will include:
- Deputise for the Finance Manager role.
- Line management responsibility for a number of team members within the wider ASC finance teams.
- Acting as the Finance Lead in the delivery of specific programmes, service improvement plans and finance led projects, such as Oracle Cloud implementation and Workforce Planning and Visioning.
- Providing financial support to the ACS service, liaising extensively with Chief Officers, Heads of Service, members of the Directorate Leadership Team and Budget Holders.
- Leading the production of financial monitoring, forecasting and budgeting information, for both revenue and capital, including work resulting from the impact of COVID-19 on the Directorate finances.
- Involvement in the whole financial cycle process including year-end and budget setting at a detailed Directorate level.
- Helping to deliver a challenging savings, transformation and investment agenda, and ensure compliance with Financial Regulations.
- Current full membership of CCAB or CIMA with evidence of continuing professional development.
- Advanced financial management and accounting skills
- Local government or Adult Social Care
- Experience of managing a financial team and working closely with other teams to deliver tangible outcomes.
£46,845 - £53,006 plus the following -
- Flexible working, including flexi leave up to 24 days per year and agile / remote working arrangements
- The opportunity to buy up to 10 days additional leave per year
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme