Brown & Streza, LLP is a respected, 40+–year–old mid–sized law firm located in Orange County, CA, that focuses on Business Planning, Estate Planning, Complex Income Tax Planning, Charitable Sector and Mergers & Acquisitions.
Tax Accountant (3 years' experience)
We are seeking an accountant to work at our firm. This person will primarily report to two senior paralegals, a senior associate attorney and two partners who specialize in representing closely–held businesses, trusts and estates, and provide transactional business, real estate, trust, estate administration, and tax planning services. The position involves assisting with preparing trust accountings, bookkeeping regarding entity distributions, promissory note payments, and other bookkeeping duties, inventorying assets for estates and trusts, and potential input on Estate Tax Returns (706) and Gift Tax Returns (709).
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Prepare and review of trust accountings
- Prepare inventories of assets for estates during clients' lives and upon death
- Bookkeeping for clients with large estates, including tracking entity distributions and promissory note payments and ensuring proper payments are made
- Input data for Estate Tax Returns (706) and Gift Tax Returns (709)
- Maintain meticulous electronic and hard copy files
- Manage client relationships
- Client communication
- A minimum of three years' accounting experience required
- Qualified applicants should have exceptional organizational and computer skills, including the ability to multitask with ease and manage several projects at one time.
- Applicants must have strong Excel skills. Experience in Word and PowerPoint necessary.
- Applicants must be detail–oriented, team players, highly dependable, and have excellent grammar, spelling, oral, administrative, and interpersonal skills.
- Tax accounting experience a plus.
- Frequent standing and walking
- Sitting for up to four hours at a time
- Bending and stooping as needed
- PPO medical plan with employer funded HSA
- 401(k) plan with employer matching
- 38 hour work week – ?? day Fridays
- Great working environment
- Orange County Register 2020 Top Workplace winner
Qualified applicants should email their cover letter and resume to the email below:
No Phone Calls Please!