WYZE Concepts & Associates (aka WYZE) is a dynamic professional service firm. We are a highly rated professional firm known for offering cost-effective professional services without compromising on quality. We have been providing multidisciplinary professional services to organizations since 2009. We are an energetic, dynamic, and professional business partner with a passion for success. Our vision is to establish ourselves as one of the top ten firms of choice in Nigeria by 2022 in terms of revenue size.
The role of Tax Associate is to research and analyze tax legislation, cases, and other information relevant to client service delivery, Assist with departmental administration tasks such as filing and updating of client files, Support the tax department in the follow-up of clients of invoices for work done and letters of engagement.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The Tax Associate will provide assistance to the Tax Senior with Annual Tax Compliance and where applicable will provide tax figures for inclusion in the financial statements in accordance to IFRS Standards, Income Taxes.
- He/she will assist the Tax Senior with the monthly compliance portfolio covering VAT, PAYE, WHT, and other statutory deductions based on approved methodologies and standards and within agreed budgets.
- Prepares tax opinions for review by the Tax Senior.
- Participate in tax training including delivery on assigned topics.
- Perform client acceptance procedures at the request of the Tax Senior in accordance with WYZE’s risk guidelines.
- A Bachelor’s degree/HND in Accounting & other related disciplines (Second Class Upper).
- Completed or currently writing a professional accounting qualification - ICAN/ACCA/CITN.
- Minimum of 1-2 years cognate work experience.
- Good knowledge of the Nigerian Tax Laws, Regulations, and other current tax issues.
- Basic Knowledge of preparation of year-end tax, monthly compliance taxes, and employee-related taxes.
- Good Understanding of decided cases and their applicability to Nigerian businesses.
- Excellent client relationship and interpersonal skills.
- Good Oral and Written communication skills.
- Ability to use relevant Microsoft tools and applications.
- A strategic thinker and goal-oriented individual.