Customer Success Specialist (Account Analyst) - Catalyst and Technologies
If you have a passion in helping our customers succeed in a dynamic energy transition environment, this is your opportunity. You will grow in a highly energetic and passionate team helping our customers make the transition to cleaner energy.
Where You Fit In
Customer Operation’s purpose is to deliver best in market customer experience and business value, at an affordable cost. Success for Customer Operations is providing market leading Customer Experience, generating revenue for Shell and, providing a modern and engaging employee experience augmented by technology. We are fully end-to-end integrated with business partners we work with. We approach our work by ensuring brilliant basics of our work, being fundamentally digital and an agile organization. We also ensure that our customer experience we deliver are segmented according to their needs.
What is the Role?
The Business Success Specialist provides account/finance support to Shell Catalysts & Technologies companies, a group of companies that provide leading catalysts, technical services and licensed process technologies to refiners, gas treating facilities and chemical plants around the world. The successful candidate will have experience in invoicing, cost control, and monthly financial reporting in support of a commercial sales organization.
Principle Accountabilities will include:
Support to Sales in Managing their Account and Deal Activities:
- Invoicing: request billing team to raise invoices; check data on invoices; coordinate delivery of invoices to customers and support credit team in debt collection; and run reports in SERP;
- Cost Control: monitor acquisition costs; check accuracy of time-writing; and coordinate time-writing reallocation of cost bookings;
- Reporting: report monthly cash forecasts and revenue plans; prepare acquisition spend vs. budget and sales wins reports; prepare invoicing summaries, and more;
- Compliance: review deals with Sales to ensure compliance with the business management system, flagging non-compliance; and provide support in obtaining approvals for deviations to the process; and
- Other: provide a variety of other delivery, data quality assurance and business systems support.
Interfacing and Advice:
- Communicate and interface on a regular basis with Business Partner’s Sales organization in specified region.
- Advise on questions and issues regarding the support provided (per ‘Support’ above).
- Interface and collaborate with Finance, Business Advisors, and other internal stakeholders on an as needed basis.
What We Need from You?
Skills and Knowledge:
Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience: 3-5 years of financial/business support in activities as described above.
- Education: a degree or diploma in Finance or Business from a university or business school is a plus.
- Systems: Knowledge of SERP and SalesForce (customer records management tool) is preferred.
English Language Proficiency – strong English verbal and written communication skills.
DisclaimerPlease note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.