Director, China Advisory Services
The purpose of this role is to:
Provide strategic direction for the China Advisory Services team responsible for looking after a portfolio of clients with China origins and personally undertake large/complex assignments either in a lead or team working role. The role holder will play an important role in supporting the Partners with business development activities as well as delivery of quality services. This includes both client and people management, and there will be a requirement to continue developing technical skills and knowledge through on the job experience and training.
- For CAS client portfolio - effectively manage projects, balancing quality control, budget, the timetable and client expectations.
- Big complex projects - this often will involve hands on involvement with all aspects of the assignment, including project management, interface with the clients and reporting.
- Liaise with other services teams in planning and delegation of work
- Ensure that all correspondence is dealt with effectively
- Ensure that all reports and material produced are of an acceptable standard and comply with regulations, SIPs and internal procedures & requirements.
- Produce realistic budgets for agreement with partner and client
- Manage billing, work in progress and cash collection to minimise lock-up
- Ensure client relationships are properly documented
- Other duties and responsibilities as delegated
Sales & Marketing
- Develop, maintain and utilise a client introducer network of senior contacts to maximise opportunities for the firm
- Actively originate and exploit marketing opportunities
- Lead and support the CAS team in its sales and marketing activity at both strategic and operational levels.
- Monitor junior staff and ensure that adequate on the job training and coaching is provided
- Identify and involve appropriately skilled staff in pursuing new business opportunities
- Provide a variety and challenging amount of work for less experienced staff to aid in retention and career development
- Responsible for monitoring staff performance
- Responsible for building and maintaining team morale
- Ensure that appraisals are undertaken twice a year for all staff within team which are open, honest, constructive with agreed outcomes
- Play an active role in the creation and implementation of development plans for all team members
Communication and representation
- Act as a liaison between the client and other service teams within the firm.
- Work as part of the CAS team, and provide support to the rest of the firm.
- Represent the CAS group on matters requiring representation.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Relevant professional qualification preferable (ACA/ACCA)
- Relevant technical and management experience at a similar level/ in a similar role.
- Ability to develop and maintain an in-depth technical knowledge
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of regulatory and statutory requirements
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of relevant computer packages specific to the business stream preferred
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.