Accounting and Controls Specialist, Digibank
Get to know our Team:
We design and provide products and services that empower our customers to enjoy greater banking convenience while they extract more value from their money. In particular, we are focused on promoting and developing healthy saving and investment practices across generations.
We are living in exciting times. Technology is reshaping how we live and we want to use it redefine how financial services are offered, which is why Singtel and Grab are coming together. Singtel is Asia’s leading communications group connecting millions of consumers and enterprises to essential digital services while Grab is the leading technology company in Southeast Asia offering everyday services to consumers. Together, we have big dreams to unlock and financial inclusion for people in our region is just one. We want to build a digital bank with the right foundation - using data, technology and trust to solve problems and serve customers.
Get to know the Role:
- Reporting to the Financial controller this role will be responsible for establishing, testing and maintaining accounting and controls related policies, processes and systems for the Digibank
- Design and implement Finance processes and systems for accounting and reporting (Chart of Accounts, integrity of GL and other financial systems)
- Design and implement financial control systems and processes to ensure integrity of financials
- Monthly closing of books and ensuring that all elements of the bank’s financials are captured accurately and adhere to accounting standards. This includes processing of journals, completion of reconciliations/substantiations, monitoring of fixed assets etc
- Responsible for prepayments, accruals, reconciliations, substantiation and other monthly financial control assurance processes required to ensure controls are effective and operate in line with policy requirements
- Ensure accounting and controllership policies remain relevant and up to date
- Continual assessment of processes, outputs and controls to progress the function toward best practice operational excellence
- Assist with year-end audit/liaison, financial and management reporting and other ad hoc-assignments as required
The must haves:
- You have the Heart, Hunger, Honour and Humility required to work at Digibank.
- You have at least 5 years experience in banking, are a Qualified accountant (CA/CPA/ACCA or other professional accounting accreditation)
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience of general accounting principles (particularly IFRS), practices and procedures;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Willing to take on new challenges and be adaptive to a fast-growing and dynamic start-up environment
- Detail-oriented with ability to work under pressure and tight schedules, cope with several tasks simultaneously, and be deadline oriented
- Creativity and comfortable with ‘blank sheet of paper’ assignments and problem solver in a complex environment
- Structured thought process, self-initiative, and strong analytical abilities
- Ambitious, self-driven and highly motivated individual who can work well in a startup VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, Ambiguous) environment. Should have a deep desire to excel and develop a career in a fast growing tech company. Should have demonstrated integrity and respect in the performance of their duties
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.