Finance Regulatory Controller - AVP
Regulatory Controllers are responsible for ensuring that Morgan Stanley maintains adequate capital resources to meet the firm’s investment business commitments and to withstand the risks to which the business is subject, e.g. Market Risk and Counterparty Risk. Regulatory Controllers form part of the wider Financial Control Group.
Regulatory controllers duties include:
- Monitoring regulatory compliance in accordance with Basel 3 for EMEA regulated entities
- Reporting accurate and timely capital usage information to the CFO group and externally the PRA and the EBA
- Facilitating capital efficiency by working with the business and regulators on approvals, appropriate structuring of new trades and continual elevation of capital usage.
Role and responsibilities:
The current vacancy is for a permanent member of staff within the Credit Risk Capital Production team.
- Involvement in all aspects of the Credit Risk Capital team, offering strong support to the team lead.
- Oversight of elements of the Basel 3 Regulatory Capital calculations and disclosures.
- Review regulatory reporting prepared by remote locations ? Daily, Monthly, Quarterly.
- Co-ordinate Finance deliverables in relation to Self Assessment, ensuring execution of BAU control framework including relevant policies and standards.
- Governance work including weekly working groups to remediate issues log, including designing and amending suitable controls across the regulatory systems and processes.
- Very high focus on Capital rules and the accuracy of our calculations, contributing to a complex and ongoing assurance agenda.
- Work closely with other functions to facilitate the review and implementation of NPA and other RWA Optimisation initatives
- Influence change in relation to upcoming CRR II framework, including designing, implementing and testing new calculations and reporting requirements
- Respond to ad-hoc information requests and perform impact analysis as necessary.
- Presentation of data to senior management.
- Liaison with the capital reporting team, BU controllers, credit, trading desks, operations and credit risk ops to investigate and validate variances in capital charges.
- Degree Qualification
- Strong understanding of European Regulatory Rule Book, CoRep capital returns and of Basel 3 advanced and standardized ruleset.
- Prior Regulatory MS experience is highly desirable, ideally within the production function of the Capital Controllers.
- Proven track record of chasing issues through many layers to discover root causes.
- Proven ability to perform adhoc analysis on datasets, draw themes & key issues and communicate findings.
- Attention to detail and time management are essential skills for this role. In addition the candidate should have the flexibility required to work in a dynamic environment under tight deadlines.
- Good communication skills are required and the candidate must work well in a team environment.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.