You will be working directly with leading hedge fund and private equity firms in the alternative asset industry under the guidance and direction from the Tax Director. You will be providing the following for clients in the alternative asset industry:
- Prepare and file federal, state, and local partnership tax returns, extensions, and quarterly estimates.
- Prepare and review of foreign filings (5471, 8865, 8858, 8621, & 926).
- Preparation of 8832s as needed to elect tax classification for various entities.
- Prepare and manage 1099 and 1042 reporting.
- Prepare and manage FBAR filings.
- Prepare and manage FATCA compliance (8966).
- Prepare and manage tax certification forms (W-8s and W-9) for domestic and foreign entities.
- Prepare tax basis calculations for partnership interests and PFICs.
- Develop relationship with client management and communicate engagement status and issues effectively and timely.
- Considerable knowledge of a variety of state and local tax laws, including multi-state income tax planning and compliance.
- Perform tax research as needed to support tax positions to be taken on the tax returns.
- Perform quarterly REIT testing.
- Correspond with federal, state and local taxing jurisdiction to resolve notices.
- 3-7 years of progressive federal tax consulting and/or compliance experience in public accounting or a combination of experience at an alternative asset investment firm and public accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Preferred: CPA, Masters in Taxation
- Demonstrated experience in providing exceptional customer service
- Analytical, technical, and technology skills with proficiency in basic office software
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work overtime to meet deadlines
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Blue River Partners, LLC is the preeminent outsourced service provider to the alternative asset management industry. We provide innovative back-office solutions to asset managers across the full spectrum of structures, strategies and asset classes.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.