Consulting Manager (FSO): The Bahamas
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself and a better working world for all.
Join our Financial Services Office (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to deliver a global market perspective. Aligned to key industry groups including asset management and private equity, banking and capital markets, and insurance, we provide integrated assurance, consulting, strategy & transactions, and tax services to our clients. As a market segment of the FSO, the BBC includes the Bahamas, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, and Cayman Islands. By joining the BBC, you will receive unmatched exposure and experience to our continuously growing portfolio of diverse FSO clients.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates to be considered for the position of Consulting Manager in our Financial Services practice in the Bahamas. These are exciting, multi-disciplinary consultancy opportunities with a primary focus on serving clients in the Banking, Wealth & Asset Management and Insurance industries.
Your key responsibilities
Our consulting professionals typically work as part of multi-disciplinary EY engagement teams to assist our clients in areas such as:
- Performance Improvement – Help our clients with improving the effectiveness and design of their operations, finance and accounting functions. Areas of focus include finance transformation, finance process re-engineering, accounting change implementation, enterprise cost reduction, operational improvement, consumer finance and treasury advisory
- Internal Audit/Process & Controls – Help our clients evaluate and enhance their internal audit functions as well as the overall control environment of the institution and providing industry-focused, strategic outsourcing and co-sourcing services
- Risk Management/Financial Crimes Compliance - help our clients combat global illicit finance; areas of focus include anti-money laundering (AML), sanctions compliance, counter-terrorist financing, anti-bribery and corruption, and financial intelligence matters
- Technology Risk Assurance - Assist our clients with establishing an effective governance, risk, and control environment by evaluating controls, business and technology alignment, regulatory requirements, risk processes, metrics and reporting, and risk frameworks
- Enterprise Intelligence – Help our clients manage the collection, storage, use and quality of data and enable information intelligence to meet business needs across finance, risk and operations. Areas of focus include Business Intelligence, Data Analytics, Data Quality and Governance, and Data Management
- Actuarial Consulting - Work with clients in the property/casualty and life insurance areas to deliver professional actuarial consultancy services, including audit support, actuarial opinions and capital modeling
Skills and attributes for success
- Collaborate with other members of the engagement team to plan the engagement and develop work program timelines, risk assessments, budgets and other planning documents
- Serve as a fieldwork leader by directing the daily progress of fieldwork, informing supervisors of engagement status and managing staff performance
- Demonstrate and apply strong project management skills, inspiring teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor’s degree and minimum of 5 years of related work experience
- A degree in business, accounting, finance, computer science, information systems or a related discipline
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working at a public accounting firm or professional services firm, or comparable experience as an advisor to a financial services company
- Prior experience generating new business opportunities by participating in market-facing activities and developing thought leadership materials
- Significant experience with internal audit risk assessment, SOX/internal controls, Service Organization Control (SOC) reporting, tools and enablers in the financial services sector
- Direct audit experience with trading and risk management systems and product ledgers/subledgers; prior ERP system experience is a plus
- Strong project management skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
- Excellent leadership, teamwork and client service skills
- Demonstrated integrity within a professional environment
Ideally, you’ll also have
- CPA, CA, CISA, CISSP, CISM, CBCP, CIA, CIPP, CGEIT certification is required
What we look for
We’re interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll need the motivation to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and expand our business in the evolving market. If you’re serious about consulting and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical, dental and vision coverage, competitive pension plan, generous vacation and leave entitlement(s), and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets. Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate. Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY, an equal opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.