Finance Manager (Finance Risk and Control)
Why apply for this role?
Do you like to see the broader picture?
This role will allow you to understand, review and challenge the way that the bank works through the eyes of the S-Ox programme. With our place on projects, you'll be walking through the process flows and maps, ensuring risks are correctly captured and controls are sufficient. Where there are gaps or a lack of S-Ox maturity, you'll be advising and assisting the business areas / projects. For controls that are in place, you'll be testing them to ensure they are truly effective.
You'll be at the heart of supporting the control framework for technology and systems projects and improving the control environment through the bank. With a focus on full data audit trails and end to end processing, you will be tasked with identifying the key fundamentals of the S-Ox control model.
What you'll be doing
- Providing effective S-Ox control framework support on bank wide projects to either remediate or enhance S-Ox controlled activities
- Testing both design and operational effectiveness (particularly for new projects) with a focus on implementing preventative automated controls.
- Supporting the implementation of the overarching S-OX transformation agenda
- Working collaboratively across various divisions and key stakeholders
- Ensuring that the documentation of the S-Ox controls is up to date and fit for purpose
What we're looking for
- Qualified accountant, or a good grounding of the identification/ mitigation of risk and controls
- Audit (Internal or External) experience is desirable
- Good communication skills and the ability to manage internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to collaborate well with other teams
- Financial reporting experience and automation experience desirable
- Good Microsoft Office skills
What else you need to know
Given the recent impact of the Coronavirus outbreak we will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible.
How we'll reward you
As well as a competitive salary, you'll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs. Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded individual private medical insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
For more information about our wide range of benefits and family friendly policies visit our website.
At Santander, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can achieve great things. You can improve the daily life of more than 140 million people. You can collaborate with a friendly team of more than 200,000 employees.
It doesn't stop there. You'll also be part of a vibrant organisation that's been reinventing itself for more than 160 years. One that invests millions of pounds in training its people every year. One that helps more than 2 million people every year with social programmes.
We call it #TheSantanderEffect.
Santander are an equal opportunities employer. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people. We have an inclusive culture that aims to make all colleagues feel they belong and can succeed at Santander, and we particularly welcome applications from different underrepresented groups.
For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.
What to do next
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply on the link below.
Due to high volume of applications we may need to close this role earlier than the advertised date, so recommend submitting an application as soon as possible.