Audit and Accounts Manager
Charleston Recruitment is proud to be working with a highly reputable Accountancy Practice who are looking to strengthen their senior team with the appointment of an Audit & Accounts Manager for their offices in Leeds.
The successful candidate will be required to manage qualified audit staff and liaise with Audit Partners and Directors.
Key duties include:
• Managing a portfolio of audit clients across various industry sectors.
• Managing corporate clients including those with complex accounting issues requiring higher levels of ad-hoc work.
• Assisting Partners & Directors in planning & executing audit engagements, including open and close meetings with clients.
• Business development and winning work by managing existing clients and targeting new audit clients.
• Reviewing and appraising internal audit working practices, identifying areas where efficiency improvements can be made within the Audit & Accounts function.
• Involvement in internal compliance procedures (e.g. quality control reviews, money laundering procedures etc.).
• Assisting Partners in establishing the audit approach; preparing audit work papers and ensuring that audit files are completed in a timely manner
• Acting as a main point of contact to clients, managing a client portfolio and maintaining good working relationships with colleagues and clients.
To be considered for this Manager role you should be a qualified ACA/ICAS/ACCA Accountant with at least 3 years’ experience running Audit portfolios.
Experience managing audits in a range of commercial industry sectors ranging from OMBs, PE-backed, listed and international groups is also required.
You should have extensive experience of using audit software and Microsoft packages, and experience of managing on-site audit staff.
What’s on offer?
Salary up to £60,000 depending on level of experience.
To apply for the position or for more information, please contact us today for an initial confidential chat.
If you’re looking for an Audit & Accounts Manager role in Leeds but felt this position wasn’t the right fit, Charleston Recruitment is still able to assist you with your search.
Many accountants seeking new opportunities are unaware that although job titles can differ between practices, often the job specifications are similar. For example, if you see that we are advertising for a Semi Senior position in Leeds we may also be recruiting for a Senior Accountant in Leeds as well.
As a tip for your next search, we have seen an increase in the need for Audit Seniors in Leeds. If you possess this skillset, make sure you highlight it in your application. Our partner companies view it as a demonstration of strong technical knowledge.
Charleston Recruitment specialise in placing accountancy professionals in new positions. We can help you find the ideal Public Practice role that advances your career and keeps you on a trajectory towards meeting your professional goals.
If you have experience in Public Practice and would like to discover fresh career opportunities, please get in touch with us today.